• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Repair Manual

beetleswamp

I'm new to the forum and did a couple of searches on getting the repair manual for the 89 m1008 I just purchased (tons of Island Cancer but only 34k and pretty good mechanical shape).

I am just about to print out the almost 1000 page pdf at Kinkos using double sided printing to cut it town to 480 pages, have the holes punched, and stick it in a binder that will no doubt get lots of use over the coming years.

They want $65 bucks to do that, not including the binder. Am I throwing my money away or is there a place to order this thing for less?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As GM said they are on EBay and whatnot. About $15 is the norm. If you have a printer at home, you can read the manual on the computer but if you need a section to do repairs, you can print that section and if it gets dirty, no loss.I'm not trying to deter you from buying a print manual, just a way to preserve it. I have TMs in every head in the house.

aboonski

I have just about every manual that they made for the cucv but I am looking for one that GM printed up for the local dealerships which is the civilian version of the parts manual. There were several of these on Ebay but bidding was so aggressive that I decided to kick back and wait for others to appear at a later date. Looks as though the supply ran dry! You can obtain CDs of practically everything that was ever printed about the CUCV and I have several of those which I bought from Ebay members. If you ever need a specific page from any portion of your vehicle, get back with me and I'll see what I can do! PM or email me at abroadbent@bellsouth.net or call me at 321 427-3070. Al Broadbent

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Al, I have what you are looking for. Some of the pages are starting to yellow and several of the holes are torn through but if you want it, I'll add it to the other item I have for you.

aboonski

KENNY! Yes I would sure like one of those books! I did not see your post before putting the other one above this. I have no idea what is inside the book but it sure looks like something I would need to cross reference parts for my CUCV. I drive the M1008 daily and rarely run the Deuce - because of the brake problem that you already know about. Eventually I will fix the brakes on the M35 though.

Bigmick

just an example of what's inside, helped me a lot with ordering parts. Sorry only have the one, managed to get it off Ebay a few years ago and you're right, it was a bidding war for it. Hope you're successful with getting one off Kenny.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not perfect anymore Al but it is complete. Consider it yours! It could last another lifetime of one were to take the time to put every page in sheet protectors. I'll bring it when (whenever that is) I come up.

aboonski

Thanks Kenny! I look forward to meeting you sometime in the near future. I am anxious to get a 'C' turbo on my Deuce. The CUCV is a great truck and I know it will last me a lifetime as I have a spare 6.2 and lots of other parts that normally need changing once in a while. I am surprised that you don't have one of these!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang Mick. I sure do. I'll do my best to get that thing to the post office in the morning. So sorry man!

Al, Ive had them in the past. One day I may get another 1009 but not right now!