• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV seat belt differences

Barrman

My students and I are slogging through my M715 re-power effort at work while Colton and I keep getting his RED M1009 project moving along at home. We were cleaning up interior plastic parts to paint yesterday. Since the seat belt reels that mount to the B pillar have burgandy colored plastic covers. We tried to separate them from the reel for easy painting. Actually, we had to separate them since the belts wouldn't go in our out. Once we got them apart by drilling out a single rivet, blew all the crud and bubble gum wrappers out, yes, bubble gum wrappers. We had them working. Next we got out the bolt to the floor female buckles to clean their plastic up. Then things got weird.

The truck didn't have working seat belts when we got it. I got a complete set of belts from Warthog almost 2 years ago now. I never even pulled them out of the box. Until we painted the interior in December. I went to install them and realized they wouldn't bolt up. I figured out the reel was the same as what the Bomber had. Bolted to the floor with both lap belt and shoulder strap in that housing. The M1009 unit bolts to the B pillar a few feet up and the lap belt bolts to the bottom of the B pillar at the base.

I called up Warthog and he had a set of proper M1009 belts and reels. A helpful fellow member transported them to Texas soon after and I picked them up where he left them a few weeks later. Joe only had the belts, not the buckles for the middle. Not a problem since I had the buckles from what turned out to be a M1008. No problem until I got all the pieces out yesterday and tried to buckle the M1009 belts to the M1008 buckles. They are totally different sizes. The M1009 male buckle will fit into the wider M1008 buckle, but it won't latch. Attaches is a picture of the two systems and another of the buckles next to each other.

I figured somebody down the road who doesn't have one model of each will want to know you can't swap seat belts between the CUCV trucks and the M1009 and why.

IMG_1361.jpgIMG_1360.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. I knew the mounting was different. I need to add a center belt to the ambulance when I install the jump seat.

deuce200385

No fun there, I am trying to just find some OEM ones that will bolt into my 85-08, the ones from LMC do not fit at all....cant find any at all...

ssdvc

Try the HMMVV ones that were for sale on the boards here. They fit nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks