• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV - Slantback

nvrescue

Banned
How do you take credit for saying you stumbled upon this on the internet????? Taking Credit is saying you did something when you did not, that is OBVIOUS!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We try and not start multiple threads on the same subject. The correct thing to do is to post in the original thread if you wanted to comment on it and not start a new thread.

Fleg

nvrescue,

Thanks for starting this thread. I probably would have never seen the pictures if it wasn't for that. Too bad that a couple want to ruin it for the rest of us that don't practically live here.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
nvrescue,

Thanks for starting this thread. I probably would have never seen the pictures if it wasn't for that. Too bad that a couple want to ruin it for the rest of us that don't practically live here.

All he would have needed to say is something like this:

"Hey I found this picture on (whatever site) and wanted to share"

or

"Hey, I stumble upon this thread (linked the thread) from 20xx and thought I would share"

That alone gives credit where it is due.

I also think the pictures are great and appreciate them coming back around, but don't act like you just invented the wheel.

He may have known what his intentions where, but someone else doesn't and "assumes" that it is something "new".

Yes I spend alot of time here and have researched many things. I enjoy being here and sharing my knowkledge, but I don't appreciate someone else leading others to beleive that it is their stuff.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the oringinal topic, I really don't see all the fascination with a slantback M1009. Sure it looks kind of cool but all I see is a M1009 that won't haul as much cargo in the back. What are the andvantages of a slantback other than "looking kind of cool"? To each his own I guess.

67_C-30

I'm planning on having a slantback soft top made for mine to use in the summer months. I usually drive around topless in nthe summer, but it would nice to have a removeable soft top, and I dig the look of the slantback. Here's a pic that I modified using the NY Tactical pic. My plan is to cut down another Blazer hard top, and use just about a 1.5" section of it as a "flange" to attach the snaps to. I plan on having it made with rear window, but I think it looks cleaner with no side windows on the rear.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rosscommon Equipment Center does extensive modifications to MV vehicles for fire departments.

Back in 2000 they published a report on converting a M1009 to a pickup style truck.

Personally I don't like the look but I can see the need.

Attachments

Last edited:

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
This thread is quite possibly dead, but I must say that since Warthog pointed me to Rosscommon Equipment, I have been extremely impressed. What an outstanding company. How did you come across this company?

I have and extra 1009 top. I am going to play with the slant back idea. If the rear window channel gets set up right there should be no reason the glass in the tailgate can't still be used. Just close it part of the way to fill the gap at the back and it should also slide in the side tracks just as if it were stock.

nattieleather

Just remember that the side glass and the tailgate glass are tempered glass which means they will shatter into a gazzilion little pieces if it breaks or if cut. So if you change the glass you will have to have laminate glass cut to fit.