• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Slave Receptacle?

M1008driver

The CUCV Slave Receptacle is 24 volt because the batteries are connected in series. If the batteries were connected parallel the slave receptacle would be 12 volt. Am I reasoning correct here?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A little more complex than just rewiring the batteries to get it on 12v. You'll have to remove the second alternator, swap in a 12v starter, and remove the glow plug resistor bank. Then you could tap the bus off the battery for 12v.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you trying to accomplish?

M1008driver

What are you trying to accomplish?
Nothing really. I was tracing cables under the hood trying to understand what everything does and thought maybe someone who converted to 12 volt could rig some jumper cables using the slave receptacle or maybe a winch or something.

EDIT- The jumper cable idea is probably more work than needed as you could just pop the hood. Maybe a 24 volt winch?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could connect the slave port however you choose(12 or 24V) with a stock truck or you could use it for 12v with a 12v converted truck.

Anything other than stock, I would label it very obviously, so someone else did not make a huge expensive or deadly mistake.

pgwaldner

Rewired the one on my son's M1009 to 12volt and use it to plug in his winch, 12 volt junper cables, and a 2000 watt inverter to run power tools etc. It is VERY convenient to be able to just plug in and use a heavy duty plug like that!

It was not hard to do. Instead of the two lead wires running to the fire wall the front battery has both top and side terminals and I simply hooked the leads to the side terminals of the FRONT battery NOT the rear battery.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm adding Anderson connectors to the 12V side of mine, then will build a slave cable with anderson connectors. I have the same connectors on my burb and golfcart.

Anderson Connectors

kassim503

Rewired the one on my son's M1009 to 12volt and use it to plug in his winch, 12 volt junper cables, and a 2000 watt inverter to run power tools etc. It is VERY convenient to be able to just plug in and use a heavy duty plug like that!

It was not hard to do. Instead of the two lead wires running to the fire wall the front battery has both top and side terminals and I simply hooked the leads to the side terminals of the FRONT battery NOT the rear battery.
You can connect to the rear battery - (neg) post to safely get 12V+ right? Its essentially the same as the + (Pos) terminal on the front battery

pgwaldner

technichly yes, but the 24 volt confuses the **** out of people to start with and that would really send someone over the edge if they opened the hood. I try to make it more simple instead of more complicated. The 24 volt system really is not complicated if you stop and think it through, but most people panic first, fry things second and curse things third.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks