• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV slow off the line

deepseeman

so cucv runs great after dealing with a fuel issue. now my tranny has decided to give me an issue. off the line i am very sluggish. she then has trouble shifting thru the gears. nothing hard just kinda lazy about it. fresh filter and fluid. when i manually shift her, first gear is strong. seems like a bit of an odd vibration from a dead stop.

ssdvc

Just changed the fluid/filter on mine and it takes her time shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Doesn't appear to be slipping, just likes to hold 2nd a bit longer than I think is normal. Mine also has a slight vibration too. Anyone have any clues?

Easypatriot

Had an opposite issue to this one, but the fix might be the same (ish). My M1008 was shifting VERY hard and holding 1st gear way too long. Short version, I ended up adjusting the vacuum modulator on the transmission. In my case, about 4.5 turns counter clockwise to soften the shift and lower the shift point. Conversely, turning clockwise should firm things up.
To adjust, remove the rubber vacuum hose from the modulator and using a SMALL flathead screwdriver, adjust the valve inside the nipple of the modulator. The modulator itself is on the passenger side of the trans towards the front. While you're down there, replacing the hose isn't a bad idea. I recommend 2 turn increments of adjustment. Sorry no pics, the CUCV is at home and I am not. Hope this helps.