• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Snow Plow Trucks and Spreaders

cucvrus

Brake hoses, u joints, brake shoes and calipers. That was easy. ;) Oh yea. Ball joints also. Why open a crate with a new axle. its not broke yet. Just needs maintained a bit.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aren't you done yet? :grd:

cucvrus

M1009 donor axle parts

DSCF4519.jpgDSCF4520.jpgDSCF4521.jpgDSCF4522.jpgDSCF4523.jpgOf course it had to be raining when I needed to do a raid on my front axle pile. I have been tempted many times to just toss these axles in the scrap. Another vehicle will be saved from donor parts. And I opted to remove them. I had planned on torching the axle ends off from the pile. I thought even thou it is raining I could start a fire. All is well. Check out my HD hand truck. It has a pintle ring mounted for versatility. DSCF4436.jpgVery useful in all situations. Beats the pants out of carrying things.

dougco1

Rick, I bet you keep your neighbors entertained on a regular basis. Nice rig; please post a photo with "you driving it" to entertain the rest of us.

cucvrus

Rick, I bet you keep your neighbors entertained on a regular basis.

Let's just say I fix everything they break. So they marvel at my inventions. Most little projects are built with discarded scrap and made to last.

cucvrus

Snow plows are all reattached and awaiting the looming snow that is in the forecast. Spring is soon here. I expected this. Let it SNOW. Still running 1 CUCV with no reverse. Not Warranted for backing up steep ramps loaded with salt and stone. I understand. It happens. No drive shafts or U joints this year.

cucvrus

[h=2]Winter Storm Warning in Central Pennsylvania[/h] Active for next 1 day · National Weather Service

This alert has been updated.

Posted 4 hours ago
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6
inches, with localized amounts up to 8 inches, are expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to midnight EST Wednesday night.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning commute on Wednesday. Be prepared
for significant reductions in visibility at times.

The SNOW has begun here. Light but flurries are here. More news later. I will post pictures of CUCV's plowing snow. And a few NON CUCV's.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in Lebanon yesterday and never saw a bit of snow.

The grass even looked green to me.

In and out before the storm!

cucvrus

I was in Lebanon yesterday and never saw a bit of snow.

The grass even looked green to me.

In and out before the storm!
Tis true. T'was the night before snow storm and all thru the yard. The plow trucks were waiting to plow thru the snow. But what to my wondering eyes should appear. 5 empty plow trucks no drivers were near. I sprung from my bed to see what had fallen and to my great surprise the river had swollen. No snow flakes had fallen the side walks were wet. I went back to bed and I really slept. Not my best poem.

dougco1

Tis true. T'was the night before snow storm and all thru the yard. The plow trucks were waiting to plow thru the snow. But what to my wondering eyes should appear. 5 empty plow trucks no drivers were near. I sprung from my bed to see what had fallen and to my great surprise the river had swollen. No snow flakes had fallen the side walks were wet. I went back to bed and I really slept. Not my best poem.
Another form of entertainment? You may want to keep your day job on this one.

cucvrus

OK. Put them plows back on again. Just removed them all last week when it was 60* outside. Practice makes perfect. I even discovered an easier way to get the Boss plow on. Not as bad if it is properly removed. It seems that the stand was bent by a coworker and then left bent. Big NO NO. All of $35. to fix. That was easy. It is dumping on South Central Pennsylvania on the 2nd day of spring. Nuisance snow is what I like to call it. Brought the assembly line to a halt. Still snowing and 32* so it is possible to get some accumulation. Have a Great Day. Spring is here. It can only get better going forward. I just received a brand new F550 6 x 6. That means one of the CUCV's will be recycled. Maybe. Dry warm.

cucvrus

image1No GO in Snow.jpgplo.jpgThe usefulness of a 4WD in this weather. And oh yea if I were Mayor the schools would remain open. Save township money also. Just like garbage trucks with snow plows in the big cities. school-bus-2van.jpgHave a Great Day.

mbavers

I bought my 1984 M1008 specifically for plowing. mounted a brand new Western Prodigy plow (self adjusting wings), rebuilt the transmission and transfer case, added a trans oil cooler, built a box to mount counterweight (900 lbs of rocks) as far rearward as possible, V-bar chains all around. Terrific plow truck; does everything I need to do to keep my 1 mile of road open all winter, plus some neighbors.

cucvrus

DSCF4825.jpgDSCF4826.jpgFor the Love of all things sacred. Please stop the snowing madness. I was in putting the plows on again yesterday. I hear they want snow again Saturday. I am filing a class action law suit against the ????? I don't know who but I am filing. Have a Great Day. This is a nuisance snow storm. Does nothing but make a big muddy mess.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 723959View attachment 723960For the Love of all things sacred. Please stop the snowing madness. I was in putting the plows on again yesterday. I hear they want snow again Saturday. I am filing a class action law suit against the ????? I don't know who but I am filing. Have a Great Day. This is a nuisance snow storm. Does nothing but make a big muddy mess.
cucvrus. Assuming these pictures are from what you do for a living? May be looking for another 24' box truck for my business if i get rid of smaller one.

rustystud

View attachment 723959View attachment 723960For the Love of all things sacred. Please stop the snowing madness. I was in putting the plows on again yesterday. I hear they want snow again Saturday. I am filing a class action law suit against the ????? I don't know who but I am filing. Have a Great Day. This is a nuisance snow storm. Does nothing but make a big muddy mess.
I was talking with the wife this morning about all the snow back east. I said I shouldn't complain about the rain out here as it could be worse !!!

cucvrus

DSCF4827.jpgDSCF4828.jpgDSCF4829.jpgDSCF4830.jpgDSCF4831.jpgDSCF4832.jpgDSCF4833.jpgAt last a day without the snow plow. But then Boom the tire blows out on the roll back. I have parts to pickup about 60 miles away. They weigh about 5Klbs. Big Red was up to task. I have replaced the stock springs on this truck. About 65 MPH. I was on I78 west. I could tell it was heavy. Handled it well. Still not a modern truck. But tough. Have a Great. Getting it done in what ever way I can. M1008. All stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks