• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Starter GB CLOSED

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Unfortunatly ARMYMAN30YearsPlus and I did not manage to win either lot in these GBs. Whoever 77007402 is definatly wanted them more then we did. Lot 13 went for $1480 and $1702 after fees. Lot 14 went for $1449 and $1666.35 after fees. I personally think we put in a very resonable bid on these, and don't think they are worth much more then my max bid. Shipping, taxes, and fees really add up in the final price for everyone.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lost by a more aggressive bidder

I agree that we put in reasonable bids and lost to someone with deeper pockets than we have. It is something we must live with in the world of online auctions. If I did not have four children and two dogs to feed it might have gone differently. I am sorry if I have let you down on this but the bottom line is we both tryed our best. Thanks to all who supported us in this effort and may we find them available somewhere else for less someday.

peyton

Re: Lost by a more aggressive bidder

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I agree that we put in reasonable bids and lost to someone with deeper pockets than we have. It is something we must live with in the world of online auctions. If I did not have four children and two dogs to feed it might have gone differently. I am sorry if I have let you down on this but the bottom line is we both tryed our best. Thanks to all who supported us in this effort and may we find them available somewhere else for less someday.
Nobody was let down on this! You put in a reasonable bid and it got topped. End of story. I am all in favor of bidding up to the max reasonable level (however that is defined) but if someone wants it beyond that point, well good on them. I do appreciate all the work you guys put in on this.

Peyton

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Lost by a more aggressive bidder

A valiant effort. Even though I was not involved and it might be Monday morning quarter-backing, I will say I was a little surprised at the discussion of exactly what the bid per unit was going to be. Armor towbars are one thing, but CUCV starters have a much larger market. The next GB should probably not advertise the price per unit on the public forum. There's plenty of members on here who aren't the "usual crowd" (and some who might be) who would have made good use of that intel... With that bidder number, I would guess they are either a hobbyist or dealer.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial

CUCVFAN I agree with you that it would be great if we could keep future sensative GB discussions to only those in on the GB. Barring a private forum though or alot of emails I am not sure how to really do that. Even so it would be easy for someone just wanting the info to get in, or for someone to spill the beans on it. All the GBs I have been involved with have been a GB from a vendor for a negotiated lower unit price. Any suggestions?

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've been thinking about it and have not been able to come up with anything myself, for the very reasons you mentioned. I can shoot holes in every scenario I can come up with. Some are safer than others and I guess you just have to put some faith in the honesty of the GB participants and go for it. PM's are probably a better way, but that's a logistical challenge. Agreeing on a price is sometimes a challenge, too.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir,

You did great. You made a plan, and stuck to it.. Not to mention the part about gettiing 20+ please to AGREE on it and a price... No small feat in itself. Excellent job.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the later gear reduction 6.5 type that Parramore and others offer. In fact, I think this is Parramore. The GB was for the factory style, from what I remember...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I seriously doubt these will show up for a while they were EUC items and we all know how long that can take. I hope to find another source for them because I know so many of us want one. I will keep my eyes out for them. Funny thing is there were so many waiting rebuild in Iraq and Kuwait I still find it strange that new ones were for sale like that.