• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Starter Supplier

ralbelt

O.D Iron, he advertises on top of the page. I just got a gear reduction starter form him. Commo is a little slow at times, you gotta be patient.

Scarecrow1

Did you try to have it rebuilt at an electical shop ???? I don't know if they can do it there , But its worth a shot ....I always do that with most of my projects saves some big bucks ....

Did you try to have it rebuilt at an electical shop ???? I don't know if they can do it there , But its worth a shot ....I always do that with most of my projects saves some big bucks ....
I haven't taken it off the truck yet (thats tomorrows job) but I have a sneaky suspician that the mechanic that replaced it 3 months ago put a 12 volt starter in it, but I can't tell till it comes out.

southdave

I have about 20 starters, I use them as cores have them checked out as I need them most are the MT28 for M998 6.2 not the orig. delco. these are on egay all the time. John deere sell them from 175-250 they are same except they have an extra post oppsite the S term. just don't use it.

zyrtecx

Also, you can get a starter 24V throught NAPA, It would come from Wood Auto. I think they are pricey, I think about $280.00 with a $55.00 core.

ssgtwright-usmc

I see them om steelbay all the time under (CUCV or M1008) autoparts. I dont know if I would use them. I bought a steering gear box from steelbay and it was not for a M1008. It fitted the inner side of the frame and not the outer side of the frame.
I disputed it and lost because he said the picture I sent in was not the one he sent to me.

From what the description of vehicles it says it works with it is most likely 12v.
All the Auto parts suppliers I have been to so far have tried to give me 12v starters. But I am going to take back the 12v starter from one supplier my mechanic put in (still under warrenty) and see if they can get me a 24v starter (the manager is a resourceful type and might be able to get me one).

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a place in Tenn. that sales a new 24v for a 107.00 plus 18.00 shiping with a one year warranty I will get there name and the rest of the info and post it tomorrow I just got one last week great deal.
Tony

Bretsuaz48

There is a place in Tenn. that sales a new 24v for a 107.00 plus 18.00 shiping with a one year warranty I will get there name and the rest of the info and post it tomorrow I just got one last week great deal.
Tony
Thanks Tony. Sounds great.

I am assumng their service was good and they sent the correct part. I am so afraid of buying something on-line and getting the wrong part. And don't really want to spend $250.00 at NAPA. Your help is appreciated!

Bret

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There service as far as geting it here was great I live in Ga came in two days only time will tell if they last but with a year warrant and made in the good old USA I say it is great.

ssgtwright-usmc

Hey, twright, is your first name Timothy. I just want us to be recognized here.
Please dont say your middle initial is L.
Hey, at least we have a good last name.

Bretsuaz48

Here is the place I said I would post about the starters it is BD Electrical 5359 Kingdport Hwy.
Gray Tenn 37615 Web Site www.db-starter-alternator-com sorry for being late with this I did not go the shop over the weekend to get but here it is now
Tony AEC Retired
2 M35A1
3 M34A2
1 M561
1 M1031
1 M1008
2 M1009
5 M105A2
Thanks Tony. I found a listing for them on ebay.

Chevy GMC Truck Starter 6.2 Blazer Military 24 Vlt CUCV:eBay Motors (item 390127514335 end time Jan-03-10 19:49:52 PST)

Much cheaper than the $300.00 that NAPA wants, which is 30% of what I paid for the whole truck!

beanman1

i have a guy here in atlanta ga that will rebuild the cucv 24 volt starter for 165 bucks plus tax the name of the shop is c&s auto electric in mableton ga he is well known here he has rebuiltmine and workslike a dream if any of u guys cant find a good rebuild guy let me know and maybe we can arrand some kind of thing like ship me the starter and i will take it to him to get it rebuilt and ship back