• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Starting Issue

m37trucker

I purchased a M1009 and am having it delivered tomorrow. It has a problem with the glow plug system. The dealer tells me it will start but blows the 20 AMP glow plug fuse in the fuse block. The fuse has to be replaced each time a cold start is attempted. I have read much about glow plug issues here but haven't found anything specifically about blowing fuses in the fuse block. I have downloaded the military manuals and will start troubleshooting when the Blazer arrives. Has anyone had a similar problem or have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Somemedic

Id look at each GP and make sure theyre working. After that make sure all connections are clean between the GP and the connector, not rusty and corroded. If need be replace the wires from your relay with a heavier gauge to lower the resistance.

m37trucker

Thanks for the ideas. I'll start troubleshooting when it arrives. The dealer called after I posted this today and told me it now blows the fuse immediately and won't start at all. I guess I'll have plenty to do this weekend!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks