• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV starting problem

2deuce

When parked on an incline with the nose up the truck starts runs maybe 10 seconds then dies. Then is very difficult to re-start. I don't seem to get this on the flat. Once it restarts it runs fine. While trying to re-start it I have checked the fuel filter bleeder and there is pressure there. Has anyone else encountered this symptom and found a fix?

Thanks

acmunro

You are getting air in the system. Possibilities are cracked fuel filter base, or a loose clamp on a fuel line, or a rotten/cracked fuel line. I have seen trucks that almost wouldn't start unless the nose was down. On the level or nose up makes the fuel filter the high point in the system - lets air in.

jag7720

it is an air leak somewhere in the system... I had this problem for a while.
Could be the OE fuel pump too... they are weak. i switched to an electric walbro FRB-5

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks