• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV starts fine... Immediately dies

j3vw

Basics... 17k ml truck sat for 4-5 years...
Add fresh batteries... started up and ran beautiful...first lick... loaded on trailer and headed home...
Started and ran perfect a few times...Was idleing great then quit.
Now... it's starts but immediately dies like you turned the key off..
Filter was changed.. bleed down... great pressure and no air at bleeder on filter housing..
I read a bunch of threads.. most relate to NON start issues...
If it fires right up? should not be a GP issue correct?
Pump solenoid clicks when the wire is pulled off..
Please point me in the right direction..
Thanks in advance for any input!

dmetalmiki

The hot wire goes straight to the pump shutoff feed. Also check for collapsed or 'soft' piping from the tank or to the pump.
Check if fuel arrive at the pump.

richingalveston

wire it from the front batter, don't wont to put 24v to that solenoid.
front bat + terminal to where you disconnected the pink wire.

if no problem there start looking at fuel delivery problems

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was done to truck besides the new batteries?
I know most guys spend 1k on a truck sitting that long to get it on the road.

Clean tank?
New Fuel pump?
Replace ALL the rubber fuel lines?

Sounding like IP, but could also be starving for fuel.
Gets just enough to fire then dies.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck sat for 4-5 years with fuel in the tank the new filter could be plugged already , the tank could be full of algae.

j3vw

Thanks guys... she's back to life... IP filled with crap.. plugged check valve and tripped solenoid... at least now I can move her around till the box comes off the back and I can easily Get to the tank to do a proper service/flush front to back!

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys... she's back to life... IP filled with crap.. plugged check valve and tripped solenoid... at least now I can move her around till the box comes off the back and I can easily Get to the tank to do a proper service/flush front to back!
Was the crap solid in nature? Looks like coffee grinds, but looking close at it, it's plastic? If so, that's the EMD ring decomposing. It will still run, but more of it will come apart and do the same thing. Eventually the IP will die.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks