• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Tahoe Sour Grapes post

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting as I never seen a cucv II in 3 color camo just 383 green.
Apparently at least some were used in Europe in 383 camo, though I've only seen a few photos of pickups.

The attached are a couple from an auction in Europe in 2006, and one of a truck belonging to a private owner in Germany who at the time said it was in "as bought" paint, according to my notes.
The parted out one may be a USAF truck, I base this on the USAF-style pintle sticker on the rear bumper. I'm not saying it is, just that it looks like it could be.

Cheers

CUCV 2 aa - Copy.jpg CUCV 2 ac - Copy.jpg CUCV II D 1 - Copy.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently at least some were used in Europe in 383 camo, though I've only seen a few photos of pickups.

The attached are a couple from an auction in Europe in 2006, and one of a truck belonging to a private owner in Germany who at the time said it was in "as bought" paint, according to my notes.
The parted out one may be a USAF truck, I base this on the USAF-style pintle sticker on the rear bumper. I'm not saying it is, just that it looks like it could be.

Cheers

View attachment 892607 View attachment 892608 View attachment 892609

Thanks for posting. The only ones I have seen "upclose" were Seabee trucks in Gulfport and were 383 green with funny insects on the doors ... ;-)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prices being paid these days are unbelievable...
Agreed on the shocking prices.

Back when I paid $325 for an M1102, I thought I was being foolish, but I really wanted one. I was used to paying $125 for M105s and $175 for M101A2s.
I look at the prices that are being asked now and shake my head in wonder. There's no way I'd have all the stuff I do if I were paying prices like that for it.
Of course, that might be a good thing! I kinda envy the guys who have just one small MV to look after, and are happy with that.

Maybe my kids will make some $$ off this stuff when I shuffle off my mortal coil, since I buy but don't sell.
I'm like a black hole for MVs - once they enter my sphere of influence, they never leave! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Agreed on the shocking prices.

Back when I paid $325 for an M1102, I thought I was being foolish, but I really wanted one. I was used to paying $125 for M105s and $175 for M101A2s.
I look at the prices that are being asked now and shake my head in wonder. There's no way I'd have all the stuff I do if I were paying prices like that for it.
Of course, that might be a good thing! I kinda envy the guys who have just one small MV to look after, and are happy with that.

Maybe my kids will make some $$ off this stuff when I shuffle off my mortal coil, since I buy but don't sell.
I'm like a black hole for MVs - once they enter my sphere of influence, they never leave! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Glad to know that it isn't just me!
A new toy doesn't mean that an old toy has to leave here either...

ROFLPIMP.png

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $1,600 for my 1986 M1009. It had a few issues, all of which were fixed. The biggest PIT exhaust was the leaking fuel filter. Something tells me I won’t find anything close to that price, regardless of condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks