• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV tail light wiring problem?

bobr2004

All of a sudden tail lights and brake lights failed on my 1031 Cnt Mnt truck. Got head lights, got rear turn signal L & R although dim but no brake or tail lights. Checked fuses, changed light switches, still nothing... HELP!!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Go to the CUCV Wiki Page and click on the links for the Technical Manuals.

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

and then visit the FAQ thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

All of the wiring diagrams are in Appendix F of the -20 manual and Appendix E of the -34 manuals.

You will also find a layout of the fusebox in the -20 and -34 manuals.

Looking at the E-15 diagram, I would check the frame ground wire and also recheck/clean the stop light fuse (#6 in the picture)

Right click on the thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Last edited:

whatsagoodalias

I had a similar problem with the m1008 I just purchased. It turns out that the connectors in the pigtails that go to the taillights were corroded. The connectors on mine were zip tied to the bumper brackets on each side. I just hit them with some CRC contact cleaner, hit the male terminals with a flat file to knock the green gunk off and raked the female terminals with a male spade connector. Problem solved on mine, hope this helps because it was a nice simple solution to a perplexing problem for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks