• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv tansmission. shift no shift.

Draco-87

changed the trans fluid and filter 3 months ago and has been shifting good. last night driving home i stopped and took off and it wont change out of first gear. checked the rubber and the metal tube. Looks fine, fluids good. this morning got in it and took it for a spin, shifted fine! stopped at a stop sign and guess what? wont shift out of first. i,m thinking the vacume pump is or on its way out. by the way it has a new shift solenoid (3 months old) need some input:-|

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To test the vacuum pump you will need a vaccum guage. The pump should be pulling about 20" of vaccum.

Draco-87

To test the vacuum pump you will need a vaccum guage. The pump should be pulling about 20" of vaccum.
Thats what i,m going to do this weekend. Went ahead and orderd a new vacume pump, i figured its been sitting more than its been drove.(85 with only 28,000 miles on it)

engineman2

Be sure you check all of the rubber lines, there are numerous ones. The shift controller on the left side of the ip may also contribute to shifting issues but I doubt it for your situation. Like Warthog said, check vacuum.

Draco-87

Be sure you check all of the rubber lines, there are numerous ones. The shift controller on the left side of the ip may also contribute to shifting issues but I doubt it for your situation. Like Warthog said, check vacuum.
I went ahead and changed the V.P. seemed to work for a bit then back to stuck in 1st gear. So i,m going to check on the shift controller. and replace the rubber lines while i,m at it. if it is the trans. then i might as well look for a 700r4 and replace it. i,ll let you guys know what happens :beer:

baddy3

I don't think it's vacum related, but check the modulator anyway... I would check the governor assembly, it might get stuck in the bore and the trans could not up shift...just remove it and see if all parts are moving freely and it has no damage(no stripped splines on the gear and it's not worn out)....

Another thing came to my mind: did you changed the fluid and filter yourself? if the filter is not installed properly or the o ring isn't seated properly you could have similar problems...

If all of this is fine you need to check:
Valve Body Assembly-1-2 shift valve might bind or get stuck
1-2 Accumulator Piston in rear servo (valve body)- piston and ring not damaged....

Draco-87

I don't think it's vacum related, but check the modulator anyway... I would check the governor assembly, it might get stuck in the bore and the trans could not up shift...just remove it and see if all parts are moving freely and it has no damage(no stripped splines on the gear and it's not worn out)....

Another thing came to my mind: did you changed the fluid and filter yourself? if the filter is not installed properly or the o ring isn't seated properly you could have similar problems...

If all of this is fine you need to check:
Valve Body Assembly-1-2 shift valve might bind or get stuck
1-2 Accumulator Piston in rear servo (valve body)- piston and ring not damaged....
I,m going to drop the trans pan and check the o-ring on the pick up tube. i have a feeling its not getting enough pressure to shift into second gear. but then again i,m not a trans expert. but i,ll also check the governor assembly.