• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV, the Hermafrodite Military truck.

Armada

Yeah, back in the 80's when they were built, is when GM started making the transition to metric.
You know.... makes it easier for global sourcing....

Memories....... I worked near the truck plant in Flint, and I still remember hundreds of cucv's sitting in the lots just off the ass'y line.

dilvoy

As suggested, I'll keep both SAE and Metric tools handy, but I was thinking that any part or system that was an old design would have SAE fasteners and anything new design or if a part of an assy was redesigned they used metric fasteners for that area. I guess It is just a pecularity of this eara vehicle.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just did the first brake job on my 2003 F-150 SuperCrew and it has metric and SAE hardware just for the brakes! The calipers are held to the caliper brackets with 1/2" or 9/16" bolts, yet the caliper adapter (mounting) brackets attach via 18mm bolts.

It would be supreme understatement to say I disapprove of this.

rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks