• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv tires

NCBloodhound

OK, Update--
I have decided on GY Wrangler Silent Armor
Had them delivered today, I am installing tomorrow. They have raised white letters. I plan on turning them in but the hillbilly in me says out, its kinda like a superman and bizzaro superman struggle. me am confused. (you comic book guys will get that, LOL).

So fellas what will it be whites in or out? WWYD? (What would you do):?:
Did you end up going the hillbilly route? If so, can you post pics?

Buzz

I went black out, hillbilly is cool but not on a cucv:), now if I was on that tv show- My big redneck wedding or baby then anything goes. Did you see the episode where the guy did his babies room in camo wrapping paper, he was mixing a kind of woodland pattern with some realtree and his wife said the camo was clashing. And if that wasnt weird enough he madle a mobil out of beer cans and fruit. man that show kills me. lol:razz:

NCBloodhound

I went black out, hillbilly is cool but not on a cucv:), now if I was on that tv show- My big redneck wedding or baby then anything goes. Did you see the episode where the guy did his babies room in camo wrapping paper, he was mixing a kind of woodland pattern with some realtree and his wife said the camo was clashing. And if that wasnt weird enough he madle a mobil out of beer cans and fruit. man that show kills me. lol:razz:
I haven't seen that show (No Cable), but now I have some great ideas for when the baby comes!rofl

aaron1009

Can we even tell how noisy our tires are? Let's think about this for a sec... :mrgreen::mrgreen:
This is EXACTLY what went through my head. :beer:

I'm planning on ordering some retreads from treadwright.com once the time comes. Buddy of mine told me they have a great rep around other enthusiast forums. Some consider retreads to be a gamble of sorts but really...isn't that why we carry a spare in the bed?

JUNKYARDJOHN

Just got these today. They're 37/12.5/16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT OZ radials off of HMMVS . 90-100% tread for $100 each. Truck Freight from Wis. to s/e Ky. was $146. Wound up costing me $746 total for six & I had them delivered to a local NAPA store thats right next to the expressway. That feller at the NAPA store was nice enough to let me have them delivered there & saved me $60. I'm really happy with the way they look. I'd be glad to list the sellers name & number, but I'm not to awful sure about the rules. I ordered them Tue.s & the truck dropped em off today. You can P.M. me if you want the info. John

Attachments

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Just got these today. They're 37/12.5/16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT OZ radials off of HMMVS . 90-100% tread for $100 each. Truck Freight from Wis. to s/e Ky. was $146. Wound up costing me $746 total for six & I had them delivered to a local NAPA store thats right next to the expressway. That feller at the NAPA store was nice enough to let me have them delivered there & saved me $60. I'm really happy with the way they look. I'd be glad to list the sellers name & number, but I'm not to awful sure about the rules. I ordered them Tue.s & the truck dropped em off today. You can P.M. me if you want the info. John
John, do you happen to know if the seller carries non-HMMWV 16.5 rims? Ive got two sets of the same tires you just got but I can't find any rims to put them on except HMMWV spilt rims which are to deep for my M1008.

Mike

Mohawk Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks