• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV to the rescue..

acesneights1

They say these CUCV's are bad azz off road and I believe it. The family cat passed away today(it was her time) and of course it's nothing but mud out, snowing and the ground is too hard to dig by hand so I was trying to dig a hole with the skidsteer and buried it to the belly pan. The ground was nasty slick soupy mud. I though for sure I'd be paying someone to come in with something on track to pull it out but the CUCV did it effortlessly with my wife driving it. I can't believe I got the machine out. I LOVE this truck.:razz:

Attachments

CUCV85

They say these CUCV's are bad azz off road and I believe it. The family cat passed away today(it was her time) and of course it's nothing but mud out, snowing and the ground is too hard to dig by hand so I was trying to dig a hole with the skidsteer and buried it to the belly pan. The ground was nasty slick soupy mud. I though for sure I'd be paying someone to come in with something on track to pull it out but the CUCV did it effortlessly with my wife driving it. I can't believe I got the machine out. I LOVE this truck.:razz:
WE ALWAYS LIKE PICS :grin:

stampy

I pulled a semi out of a loading dock with mine this week. We unloaded his cargo and all he was doing was digging in deeper. The rear tandems had sunk just 1/3 of the way up the tires and his (single axle) tractor was no match. The M1009 pulled him out in 4w low without too much trouble but we always had the deuce on standby!:-D

Last edited:

acesneights1

Well the CUCV comezs to the rescue again. Got the skidsteer stuck bad in the woods trying to get firewood. It's mud season.. Had to use the winch this time. it dragged it out. My welding job seems ok. I definitely put it to the test. That is a 12,000 lb winch. Gotta add a snatch block to my toolbox. Wifey had to get a crash course in skidsteer operation. Of course my 4 yr old saw all this and had to do his own version...

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great thread:!: Thanks for sharing the story and the pics:-D

Your Bride is a willing participant in your Skid-Steer & MV mud-wrestling:!::roll: :idea::arrow:She's a keeper:!:

Our condolences on the loss of your furry feline. We know your heartache and sense of loss. Our pets are like "children" to us.

Hope you survive the Mud-Season and have a Happy New Year.

Sgt Hulka

Thanks! Love to see the stories of old soldiers back at work! And I too am very sorry about your little friend. I have special rascal tom cat who's getting on. Not looking forward to losing him...