• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV w/window guards is now RED !

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My "thing" is to repurpose MVs (I think that's the modern, hip terminology) rather than restore them. I didn't want it either tan or green. Or Air Force blue. Or purple nor orange. Gray makes it look like its primered. Black too hot for AZ. White , well it was white w/ green stripe before...not a popular color scheme 'round here. Aint a whole lotta colors left. Kinda looks like a Brush Truck, I'm told.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, never saw glass guards like those! Looks like you could drive thru LA (in Kali) and the "brick-throwers" couldn't bust out your glass...

Reminds me of the Strykers with the RPG bird cages.

Pls tell us more about those glass guards...

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vehicle is ex-Border Patrol as shown in my avatar (so it wasn't green anyway). The guards are to protect agents from rocks thrown on the MX side. That stuff doesn't make the newspapers back East?

SGT LongT

I vote to nickname the truck "Fire Marshall Bill." The window guards are a great idea and have been added to my ever growing wish list. To answer your question about the stuff making the news the answer is no. Just like stuff not making the news from Iraq or Afghanistan. Awesome truck! Even though it is painted Red it will still bleed OD Green :beer: