• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV website inquiry

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Have any of you had any dealings with the website:
CUCV Electric ??

I would like to order some parts this week,
but need to know if they are reputable enough to order from..

Any information is greatly appreciated, so I do not get ripped off,
from a bad website..

Thanks, good night,

CJ

cpf240

I ordered some alternator rebuild kits from them recently. There were no problems placing the order. The parts arrived very quickly and were well packed.

They also provide lots of info on their site for the charging system and GP system. I've also read at least one post where they were very active on the phone providing support for a member here having charging issues.

Two thmbs up from me!

ralbelt

I purchased a alt rebuild kit, came in in a few days. Complete kit.

No complaints here would purchase from again, glad you reminded me, I need to order another spare kit.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the information, I think I should be safe ordering from then.
I am glad to hear that, they have some of the parts I need to beef up my
M1009's eletrical system, aka kill the gremlins before they kill my M1009.

Good night,

CJ

Sasquatch

[thumbzup] Ordered a alternator kit and GP control card a month or so ago, and came quick and well packaged as others said.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCV Electric

Great people and great service. I use all their GP system upgrade stuff in all my trucks..never any problems. :beer:

David

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all the cood reports on them.

When I get paid I will pray I have enough after bills to get the parts I need.

Good night,

CJ

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I just received the two under dash relays that are sold as a pair from CUCV Electric,
that I ordered this past Saturday.

Now I plan to put them in Saturday, since I will be off work, so I will make the time,
as long as it is not raining..

And when I can afford to, I plan to get their new GP controller card,
so I can replace that too.. Their's is new, updated and not NOS.
For only about $68.xx , which is not bad, and worth it for preventative maintence
and peace of mind.

Thanks and good night,

CJ

ryan77

I just got a glow plug card today from him, looks good came with a complete glow plug system diagram!!!:D

O.D. Fever

I also have had good service from them, however I might have a problem with the new glow plug card. Today I replaced one shortet glow plug, the wire melted right off. Put a new wire on and new glow plug and a new glow plug relay, It fired ok then the relay started to chatter, thats why I replaced the relay, it happed once before. So I pulled the new controler card and put in a spare GM card. Did not do it again. Once it was warmed up and on the road , when I shut it down , it acted like it was cold and ran thru a glow plug cycle. I think my temp sincer may be bad. On going, time will tell. Good service from CUCV Electric though. Joe