• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Winter Pictures (playing in the snow)

mijon

I would say about 2ft of ice.. I wouldn't take any truck on the ice over about 14 inches. It gets slushy in spots and you don't know where its slushy until you hit the slush lol.. Good times though.. Sweet video and pics Detroit diesel.

cucvrus

I was out today and started the CUCV's I waited until it was 26 degrees out. I used the slave cables to start the mule. I did not use any starting fluid. All is well in Jonestown. All CUCV's up and running except the dead. They remain resting in the background.001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg015.jpg

cucvrus

I was out and about Saturday evening in my M1009 in a snow storm and had a minor mishap on the ice. I hit a curb while turning. I have a little damage. I posted this before but did not find the post. Any way I took some pictures of the wheel. The steering wheel is not straight across anymore and the tie rod from right to left is bent. I will be taking it to the alignment shop. I was having a little fun with a new snow blower and the Mule was the life of the party. Thats OK it it tired of this cold and wants to rest anyway.007.jpg001.jpgI may just straighten the tie rod and weld a piece of angle steel to it. I don't think the wheel is bent. Just a wheel weight missing. I had my son look at the wheel while we were on the highway and he was along side of me. 23 degrees today. Have Fun at your Play.

cucvrus

Time to liven up this site for the CUCV users. Post your winter pictures here.DSCF6380.jpgDSCF6369.jpgIt still will not post my pictures of the 2 M1028's tow barred together. I drove one M1028 and tow barred the other one to cut fire wood. Once there I drove them one at a time up in the woods and loaded them and then tow barred the other one home. 2 loads of wood 1 trip. i just left the towed one idle in neutral while I drive the other one. Works every-time. Oh well no biggy. I towed the DSCF6359.jpgM1028 with my Silverado 2 weeks ago. The one I am towing is not licensed. I did not want to use my new truck today because I had lots of wood to move from the trailer. Have a great day and post a few winter pictures of your CUCV. The Kubota still is not running/driving. It has a bent frame on the right and the front axle on the right pulls out. Insurance company is still undecided on repairs.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1028a1. Few years ago pulled a stuck 2wd plow dump truck out of a snow bank. Got truck on dry round, double chained, 4wd in low low. Came right out, driver surprised, I was not.

Attachments

avlon01

What is the temperature there? My Mother in law lives in Genoa City Wisconsin.
Low twenties when the photo was taken. It's 16 and snowing as I type this. And Friday it will be 52 and sunny.

Love that spring weather!

Also, odds are I know your MIL if she lives in the city limits. I work for the city.

cucvrus

Does that wood wash ashore at the lake? And is it hardwood? I used to get lots of wood from the bridges in a creek near my house. they built a housing development and I can no longer access the land. Free wood is a great thing. I am envious of your location. God Luck stay warm. It is 12 F this AM. 3 times as warm as yesterday at 4 F

Another Ahab

Does that wood wash ashore at the lake? And is it hardwood? I used to get lots of wood from the bridges in a creek near my house. they built a housing development and I can no longer access the land. Free wood is a great thing. I am envious of your location. God Luck stay warm. It is 12 F this AM. 3 times as warm as yesterday at 4 F
That's funny; makes it sound like some serious heat! :jumpin:

CUCVUS
The Yukon is a large river and while some gets beached along the shores often the best way to get lots is to go out in the current above where you want the wood to land by boat and cut the stumps and roots off by chainsaw and tow it to shore. All the firewood is white spruce but we haul out some cottonwood for our smokehouses also. A good heavy duty truck is very useful to drag and haul the logs around and up the steep banks to our homes. My truck should be on nationwide (worldwide) TV soon when the "Yukon Men" show airs a story on it. Stan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks