• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Wiper Challenge

tgtaylor64

With the tropical storm blowing through SC this morning, I had the opportunity to really rely on my windshield wipers. I also have read numerous threads about how slow or fast fellow members wipers are (or are not).

So, I came up with a real simple test and controls. First, dry windshields and idle. Start your wipers on either fast or slow setting and then using a clock, count for one minute the number of complete cycles, starting from rest and coming back to rest. I did this for my two M1009s and got the following results:

1. Slow - 43 cycles Fast - 55 cycles (fast setting is ~22% faster than slow setting)
2. Slow - 24 cycles Fast - 33 cycles (fast setting is ~27% faster than slow setting)

Between vehicles, the slow setting is ~44% faster on CUCV #1 than #2 and the fast setting is ~40% faster on CUCV #1 than #2.

Not scientific by any means and probably information that you already know, but a quick and fun way to compare.

on1wheel01

Huh I will try this next time it's raining. Mine seem so stupid slow, low is like waiting on grass to grow. High speed is like praying nothing is in you're way until the wiper comes back by hahahaha.

m1009Aaron

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement capacitor assembly for the windshield motor? I have a 1984 M1009. The wipers will stop randomly and I have to shake the capacitor assembly for the wipers to start again.

48cj2a

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement capacitor assembly for the windshield motor? I have a 1984 M1009. The wipers will stop randomly and I have to shake the capacitor assembly for the wipers to start again.
You could just unplug it and replug the the harness directly into the wiper motor plug. All the capacitors are filters for the military radio systems and serve no purpose in civilian use.

Hasdrubal

Wipers stopping randomly is probably the connection where the 2 wire black plug fits into the wiper motor. Try cleaning the terminals.

Dylan

My wipers seem quite fast never found them slow the speeds are what I'd expect.
If I remember tomorrow I might give this a try see how mine compare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks