• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV wiper motor

Ue413

Picked up a new-to-me cucv, and wipers don't work. Checked fuse (good), then took motor off to see if it was "free".....should the arm on the motor be capable of being rotated? If not, any way to confirm if it is bad?

thank you.

I would agree with the above to replace the motor after you have cleaned the connections on both plug ins. However, you could remove the main connection and check for continuity with a tester guage with the wipers turned on at the column and the truck key turned on. If they check out, and your connections are clean then the switch in the column is working. Try not to leave the key on without running, not good for the glowplug system. Regardlessa new wiper motor is an easy install and a piece of mind...

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ACDelco still makes one of course.
That's what I replaced mine with.
Amazon has best price on it.

I would rather have that than some no name China crap. Lifetime warranty or not.
Don't care if it's more $$

Last edited:

Ue413

Took the team's advice and picked up the autozone unit.....now a different issue.

Swapped it out and didn't realize I needed to add a ground. Started truck up, turned on wipers and had various dash lights go on that should not have (high beam and glow plug). Removed all 3 connectors from wiper motor and lights went off. Realized I needed a ground, added it, and same result.

any thoughts on what is happening? Thanks again for the help.

cucvrus

Check the ground up under the dash on the left side above E-brake mechanism. It may be trying to pull a ground thru the wiper motor connection. Do the wipers work?

cucvrus

It does sound like a grounding issue. Do you have someone near by that has a functioning CUCV for you to look at? If not start checking all your grounds. Hard to say what is going on without seeing it. I have seen some real hacked up wiring harnesses on these poor old CUCV's. Good Luck. If you need any pictures of how it is supposed to look in a certain area of the wiring let me know. Have a great day.

fitz

WOW that is the first time I ever done anything right. I think I will quit while I am ahead. And the wiper motor does it work now? Risky question.
Cucvrus, say it ain't so.
Before you hang it up I had a couple of questions about adding a lift kit, turning up my injector pump, and converting my truck to 12 volts.
Ha ha, just kidding. Keep up the great advice. You help allot of us guys keep our trucks going.
Thanks.

cucvrus

Cucvrus, say it ain't so.
Before you hang it up I had a couple of questions about adding a lift kit, turning up my injector pump, and converting my truck to 12 volts.
Ha ha, just kidding. Keep up the great advice. You help allot of us guys keep our trucks going.
Thanks.
Torch off the u bolts and weld chain with a threaded rod on each end to hold axle to leaf springs. Use 5/8" rod. Inexpensive lift can be made with scrap pressure treated 6x6 cut offs.
Turn up the injection pump. Use an air chisel and chisel the side cover off. Go inside with a vice grips and impact screwdriver and turn screws up till they squeak. Reseal the side cover with RTV sealer and a band clamp.
No really. I have not been right very often about anything here. So I do thank you for the reply and confidence. I am only trying to help. And if just 1 guy saves $10. then my goal has been reached. I don't give any off the wall cheap fixes but I do know a little bit and want to help out. I have just diagnosed a Back up lamp situation for a guy that his M1008 would not pass inspection. It turned out to be a bad neutral safety switch that snaps on the column. He was told 2 hours labor to fix. It was $10. at Autozone and took 5 minutes to install and adjust. How many people out there know all that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks