• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV with Rockwells

Rebelpride

Had a guy call me yesterday who has an interest in obtaining a M1009 and putting deuce axles under it. I searched and didnt see a prior post, so my question is: how much trouble is it?

Its not bad to do. but remember you are going to need to lift it to clear the top loader. a rockwell will gain you 9 1/2" of pinion height and usually you want to get atleast a 12" lift to make it sit right and to clear the oil pan safely. There is a few other things that need to be adressed (sp) like high steer arm with cross-over steering. Grab you a 1410 U-joint flange for the axle, etc. If i get some time after bit i will list all what would be needed to install a set of rocks under it.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does he plan to drive it on the street or is it for off-road use? I've seen a lot of guys put Rocks under Chevy trucks, pretty easy "bolt-in" if you have the room for them. I think the front spring widths are even the same (I could be wrong on the Blazer though), he'll need another set of spring perches from a front axle for the rear unless he wants to make his own. Pinion brakes are the only way to go if it for off-road use. And then don't forget about special rims for his tires unless he's running stock deuce rims, if it's off-road only just cut the centers out of stock rims and weld them into his.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He probably has more, he's a big Mopar guy...his name is Luke, I think he said he's a member here but hasn't been on in a while.