• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Wont accelerate Wont rev in neutral until RPMs creep up

combat jump

ITS ALIVE!! ITS ALIVE!!!
Somemedic, thank you for the info! My new M1028 would only idle, die, and drive at a top speed of 5 mph. Cucvfreek spent 4 hours helping me bleed the fuel at the filter, and look for other issues. I was on the verge of ordering a rebuilt injector pump, when I did a final search for similar problems.

I removed the rubber return hose from the top of the IP, unscrewed the nipple, put it in a vice and dropped a 1/8" punch into it - a few raps with a hammer broke the glass in there. Shot brake cleaner through it, then compressed air. Put it all back together, and it fired right up, and REVVED! I got in it and drove 30 miles. The truck hit (indicated) 82 mph!

Thanks to you, Cucvfreek, and all the other guys who post helpful info on this site! I am now an M1028 driver!

dmilkman589

mine has no ball no valve at all. just the nipple screwed right in to the pump, is this bad. is this why i have no power and white blue smoke???