• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Work Light

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Finally got around to installing a light set plug in my CUCV yesterday while repairing the heater switch. It's a daisy chain light from a command post vehicle that I've had for years. I think it is similar to the wrecker work light but not sure if it is the same plug or not.

Works good and can stretch to use in the engine compartment or cargo compartment or could even use it to look in the trailer. Took the light power line directly to the front power bus bar and then grounded it using the screw holding the ash tray on. Had to drill a 7/8 diameter hole to put the plug. Used #6 self tapping screws to hold that in.

For a mechanic novice such as myself, consider it a small victory.

I started off yesterday hoping to change the glowplugs and fix the heater. Glowplugs I got off ebay are the Wellman 050 and were not the 070. P/O'd beyond belief. Got the heater fixed. Today will hopefully get the tailgate latch repaired and a cockpit light installed behind the drivers and passenger seat up on the ceiling.

Also need to replace several reflectors on my 1061 trailer today including drilling out and tapping at least 2 of the places where screws use to be.

Attachments

Tnrobocop

Very cool.

I am about to install a ticket light out of one of my department's wrecked cars. Goes white or red. The white light is a bulb, the red are small LED's.

I need to install a work light of some kind like yours also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks