• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 250 v. 6CTA

rcb

Greetings and Happy Holidays to All !!!
Since being caught up in the 900 series buying frenzy, I have several 923 and 925A2's, mileage
ranging from 4k to 29k. The 250 cummins all sould like marbles banging around in a jar
while the 6CTA in the A2's all purrrr like kittens, and the A2's have the higher mileage !!
Is this normal or do I maybe need some rocker adjustment, etc. in the 250's ??
Thanks...
Bob
Pittsburgh, PA.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had to start mine an hour ago with Ether. She started and there's nothing like the sound of rocks in a clothes dryer. I had to take out for a ride to make sure she didn't feel neglected.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there is a fuel problem with my 250. It takes a while to start even when it is warm.

supermechanic

A 250 Cummins ( or any of the non-electronic 855 engines) will sound a lot smoother if the fuel injectors are adjusted by the dial-indicator method, and not the torque wrench method.
All of my big cummins engines have a nice, rolling sound to them at idle, no jar of marbles for me.
Dial indicator method is fully explained in one of the TM's.
Why can't the spell checker for this site recognize the word Cummins ?

seano11

Ok funny story when I had my injection pump rebuilt for the second time when I got it to Canada. I installed it And started it up. Thought it wasn't running right because it was so quite. Freaked me right out how smooth it ran with the 20 button installed

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins - I just added it to my Chrome dictionary and now it recognizes it fine.

:)

Nonotagain

Ok funny story when I had my injection pump rebuilt for the second time when I got it to Canada. I installed it And started it up. Thought it wasn't running right because it was so quite. Freaked me right out how smooth it ran with the 20 button installed[/QUOTEe getting that bill]

Second time for the injection pump being rebuilt? Me thinks that the last dealer to touch the pump might be getting that bill.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks