• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins 6bt in a cucv

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Th400 had to sisters 1st TH425 used in cady buick ols pontac & some chevy truck in 70
2Gen was in motor homes over 10,000 lbs.
The trans i used is TH400 case except the internal the mainshaft final drive clutches 5 total
in unlike 3 in th400 / My has Stright cut gears pla insted heli cut . Some parts out allison auto & an allison tork converter. & last the 34 elm sprag.
valve body is differnt low rpm.for shift points govner set for lower RPM & speed.
Front pump is little more 8 bolt insted std 6 bolt. & yes the cummins is on 5 / dir to clear oil pan & the dana 60 pig .
& the truck is not going th have any lift installed it will stay stock hight.
every thing used was bought from cummins to help me if need parts along with service points this is my reason as trans GM th400 -475 I used them for years in boats & tow rig
& my PULL Truck & there are easy to Build up. I did not butcher the body or frame when I installed the engine I used new Rad Support new fender well & battery tray as wireing har.
I had an extra one & mod, it to work My M1028A2 can go back to stock config at any time
Engine Trans T case every thing. hope to explain it a little better.

Croatan_Kid

Thanks for the mention guys! I'm still messing with my swap, getting stuff like I want it, and goin for more power! :D Should wind up around 350hp and however much torque comes with that....

Is that a 4bt or a 6? Kinda hard to tell.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am Hear and I been very Busy with Training with State Guard as I jumped both feet back in and as a Recruiter.
Sorry for no Reply status as for the Comment on the CUCV cummins swap I installed dana 61 Front and Dana 70 rear Axles
in it 3.07 gear ratio. Also the front axle leaf spring's been updated to 5 leaf because of weight diff from 6.2l diesel to the 5.9L Cummins out of the Freightliner FL80. If that Helps and as for the comment for He No I am Not a He I a Female.
I a 91Bravo with Hotel8 cert and 88Mike along with 88November MOS and few more! as for photo of me I dont post my photo on the Net due to OPSEC.

If that Helps and as for the comment for He No I am Not a He I a Female.
My bad :oops: :oops: I didn't do my research.

Also, I meant nothing negative about the no reply thing. Just that epicwell could have searched out your build thread and gotten the same info, instead of asking and waiting for a response from you.

Thank you for your service, and your response.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks