• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cupholder Suggestions

heywood

Has anyone come up with a (invented) a good cupholder
for a Deuce ....I'm tired of spilling coffee and soda while trying to to steer and shift while juggling drinks..
Somebody has come up with something..
Lets hear some good ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

HanksDeuce

I actually fit a cup from most of the fast food establishments I frequent in the crack on the fold down seam of the passenger seat. Jam it down in there about halfway so it doesn't move. Since it takes some finagling to get the cup in there I just lean over and take a sip at stop lights. :D I don't even have to take off the lap belt. Wouldn't recommend it if you are taking a drive with your best bud, though. People might get the wrong idea about you...

oklacowboy

So search works after all?
Like any forum... only when you don't really need it.

I actually fit a cup from most of the fast food establishments I frequent in the crack on the fold down seam of the passenger seat. Jam it down in there about halfway so it doesn't move. Since it takes some finagling to get the cup in there I just lean over and take a sip at stop lights. :D
Been there with my old 80s camaro... local cop stopped my in hs to figure out what i was doing. he couldnt stop laughing when i explained it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you don't mind reaching down to the floor a big roll of duct tape will accomodate the "Mikey D Sweet Tea" sized styrofoam cup just fine.

I guess you could set it on the seat too but it might slide off depending on how sticky the side of the roll of tape is.

I had some of the plastic holders they sell at Advance Auto but with a full cup of tea they tend to get shakey.

Stan Leschert

The fold up holders aren't worth the powder to blow them to Iraq. Freightliner makes some good ones for an angled dash,
but for anything else, M series included, I use a chunk of plastic pipe, with an end cap on it.
(Just big enough to fit your cup. Foam will snug it up).
The more securely it's mounted to the dash, the less Coffee on the floor.

Don't ask me how I know. Don't ask my fleet guy either.
He is still miffed that it took me this long to find out!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great thread title!

This is why search does not work well.

goldneagle

How about a fire extinguisher mount with one steel band attached? I am talking about the metal ones that come in the M939 trucks. It has a flat base the the extinguisher bottle sits on. You can always replace the existing band with a stainless steel 3" or 4" hose clamp.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found that the 3" axle nut socket placed onto the tranny tunnel makes a good cup holder, if the ride is reasonably smooth. It is quite a heavy piece.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cheap, quick and removable.

They also suck. Too lightweight for big drinks.
Thats what I currently use. They do suck. Mine are cracked and barely holding on. i like the concept but the plastic is too flimsy. I've been searching for something like that made of aluminum or steel. No luck yet.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
one of my old HMMWVs (I lost the picture I think...) had some improvised ones. Someone took 2 32oz gatorade bottles and bolted them into the dash... they are cut off at the first major indent, looks like it provides a pretty decent cup holder.

KsM715

If you don't mind reaching down to the floor a big roll of duct tape will accomodate the "Mikey D Sweet Tea" sized styrofoam cup just fine.

I guess you could set it on the seat too but it might slide off depending on how sticky the side of the roll of tape is.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Also if you ride solo you can fold the bench down and set it up there, its the perfect height. Leave the roll on the trans tunnel and it will get nice and warm and the glue will run out of the tape and hold that roll pretty good.

wiggall

I took a medium sized tin can cut the top out drilled a hole big enouth to slip over the heater knob, and a small hole on top of the large hole. I like it now to paint it OD!

Last edited:

Vintage iron

here are pictures of where I mounted my cup holder. I use one for my coffee and i put my phone in the other lots of times. I have put big fast
food drink cups in them no problem!

iphone sept 12 111.jpgiphone sept 12 115.jpgiphone sept 12 113.jpg

Boatcarpenter

Made it out of a couple of Sched 40 fittings. Bolted metal U shaped piece on the back and it hangs in defroster slot.

Works very well.
BC

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks