• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom Plow setup for my CUCV

chevyCUCV

Bringing up the dead

You ever run into any issues with this ace?
I just picked up a diamond plow for 90 bucks. Blade and headgear. No lower mount. Think its a newer plow, as it has the pins on the a frame, and the new style headlights.
I plan to make something like this instead of spending ridiculous money for a truck side mount.

My hydraulic pump looks beat, not sure if it works yet. Did you buy a wiring kit for it?
Also is your plow motor 24 v? would much rather run off both alts.

Thanks for the awesome documented thread also, i have a great idea of how to start out:beer:

acesneights1

It worked out good. We got hammered with snow last year and it held up fine but yes i would recommend trying to get a 24v motor. The pump runs slow off 1 batt. I am converting mine to 12v soon so i did not bother. I want the serp belt setup and i have a 250 amp powerline alt off an emt truck for a 6.5td serp setup.