• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom wheels - Problem, questions, help.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@montaillou Truck looks good with the new shoes. I like the solid wheels as well. They do look like steelies but I gather they are aluminium. These tires will not be challenged with the weight of the truck! 11R24.5 are so common at truck tire shops. Wise choice for future-proofing.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They look like steel because they were uncut when I bought them, then I had 'em anodized black. Normally they're made for the lifted pick-up market and someone would have some funky custom design done, but I didn't care about that, I just needed a blank wheel for the lug pattern. They're not as strong as some truck wheels, but are still rated at 8k lbs each, more than enough for this sort of truck (I believe min rating is 6k lbs) - might get into trouble if they went on a big semi.

I was most worried about the machining. I mean, they looked good, but really they could've been a mm off and I wouldn't notice until it came time to put them on and I'd out the whole job.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you get a pair of single chains on the rear outside tires?
Looks like plenty of room for chains on the outside, couldn't do inside.
20210327_154659sm.jpg

On as side note, now I know why there are so many scallops cut out around the outside of truck wheels. And I'm glad I had a second one done opposite, though I didn't think it would be for this at the time. To get at the valve stem for the inside tire. My wheels have to be line up just right or access wouldn't be possible.
20210327_161047sm.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks