• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Czestochowa Kitchen Trailer

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Firstnopics but that's why I'm posting it!

On my recent trip to Poland (got in about 2 this morning) I saw a small kitchen trailer being pulled by an eastern block 'jeep', all for sale near the Czestochowa, Poland train station. My camera was packed in my luggage, so I had to wait till we unloaded at the hotel before I could double time back over there (I was in a bus, not going by train). It was gone by the time I got there!

But what I found out is that a lot of them were sold off by the military and quite a few are being used by roadside vendors there. If at all possible I'd like to see a bunch of pictures of one, and as much information about them as possible. Is there someone in the former Warsaw Pact nations that can help the rest of us out?

The guys that do 'eastwind' might be interested in getting one imported for authenticity in their annual event.

Thanks!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PK-26 really looks close to what I saw. Thanks!

I was really thinking about aswayze and the other SS members that run the 'Eastwind' paintball games in the spring, and how cool it would be for their Warsaw Pact forces.

Tascabe

Yep - I actually run the Warsaw Pact side of EastWind :)

Have had my eye on getting a pk for a while.

One sold in Chicago area on e-bay not all that long ago. They are around in the states but not many.

If I get to importing some more UAZs I may add a pk into the container as well.

Main issue I see with the pks so far is all you can make are soups and stews. While we do a lot of that - we also do a few other things that require baking and or frying.

Also - that means the cooks are outside all the time - not in a tent where you can hide the light, shelter from weather etc.

But still considering one - since that is the correct thing to have.

And they make a pk-24 which is a smaller sort of stand alone version (not trailer mounted) - would then probably be able to go in a tent as well.

USSR

This is a military kitchen (Kuchnya Polevya) ... There are several different models (the difference in the number of soldiers who which eating be simultaneously with one kitchen).

I have several models, but I have not posted them on my site. So far only added information about KP 130:
Soviet Armor :: KP-130

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks