• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D-2 type air regulator problem

dcwilkie

I replaced the old Midland air regulator with a new D-2 reg. Started the Deuce and built air just fine. Pulled it into the driveway (after warming up for 5 min) and the air warning buzzer went off.
I used the brakes quite a bit getting the deuce out of the back yard, but still, that doesn't explain the drop in air pressure and the slow build back to 105 psi.
Is this just a simple case of increasing the air reg's factory setting some (maybe a 1/4 turn to the right or so) or did I plumb it in wrong?
I plumbed into the REG 2 port and the one marked UNV (IIRC) on the bottom. The REG 1 port is facing the firewall so that one's inaccessable. I tee'd into the REG 2 port with the outlet lines. Ended up having to scavenge a port plug off the old reg to have enough to plug all the extra holes in the D-2.
Advice solicited! :-?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the black cap faceing up first port unloader next three down are exhaust and the bottom three RES.
If you have them right increase pressure I like 110 but 120 seems to be the norm.

mikepelchy

Pre-1975, the typical requirement for pressure buildup was from 50 to 90psi within 3 minutes with the engine at an idle speed of 600-900 rpm.

From the continuous braking and low engine speeds, I'd imagine the compressor is performing as it should.. if you feel like you need more air for such braking applications, the easiest thing would be to look at adding another tank otherwise you'll need a newer air compressor

Heavysteven

Any installation photo's i purchased a new air regulator last month. Popped the hood and found there completely different. I thinking i have the older version as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks