• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D Turbo With Muffler?

supeman100

Can any one tell me how quiet my deuce would be if I installed a muffler? Iv looked around on the forum and YouTube but haven't seen any videos with a muffler on a ''D''. Does any one have a D turbo with a muffler they can share some info about or post a video with it?

thanks again!:-D

gungearz

I have the D turbo with the muffler... if you cut the exhaust as low as you can, put on the muffler, don't cut the stack, leave it extended up the additional 16".... it quiets it down alot cause your moving the exhaust up and away from right next to the door (exhaust fumes are far less also).... I can have a conversation with my wife without yelling... although, nothing will get rid of the rest of the noises the truck makes.....

YES.... I will do it again if I had to...

Attachments

Rmtaunton

I have the same setup with an aero turbine , if driver window is closed it's bearable on Interstate but still loud , but mostly from fire wall and floor I have my floor insulated and when I get the firewall done, probably won't need ears on interstate.

TMNT

D-Turbo with Dynomax here. Sounds great. It's easy to hold a conversation in the cab. I wouldn't go back to straight pipe. I notice it greatly reduces fatigue on longer trips.

welldigger

Aero turbine 3535. If I had to guess I'd say it reduced the sound between 2-4db. That may not sound like much but the way the db system works that's actually a pretty big reduction. No ear muffs required around town. On the interstate I still wear them from all the other noise the truck makes.uploadfromtaptalk1403736553950.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403736575302.jpg

Jeepsinker

Just a suggestion: Drain your transmission, add two quarts of Lucas oil stabilizer, top off with fresh gear oil, then take a drive. You'll be surprised how much quieter it is just from that.

andy3

Just a suggestion: Drain your transmission, add two quarts of Lucas oil stabilizer, top off with fresh gear oil, then take a drive. You'll be surprised how much quieter it is just from that.
Jeepsinker, I am about to try this this weekend but am curious. Do you think the major difference is using the lighter oil treatment to get an overall lower multi-viscosity weight or that the Lucas is ca-bomb? I'm not asking to oil additive bash. I see the debate on GL1 verses GL4/5 and 50wt oit in several threads.

Jeepsinker

What I'm saying is that the Lucas is thicker and provides more cushioning action between all metal to metal contact. I DO NOT suggest the synthetic Lucas additive because it is not as thick. Just use the standard stuff. Two quarts of standard Lucas oil stabilizer:$26, 1 gallon 80-90wt gear oil ~$20. So for under $50 you'll see a world of difference.

1985mustanggt50

I have a huge 36 or 40" Donaldson muffler on mine, even made it fit between the mirror brackets. I will try and get a pic today or tomorrow for you! Its quiet enough to hold a conversation on the phone even running almost wide open.

rolling18

I have a huge 36 or 40" Donaldson muffler on mine, even made it fit between the mirror brackets. I will try and get a pic today or tomorrow for you! Its quiet enough to hold a conversation on the phone even running almost wide open.
I Think this is similar to what I have done! MAJOR difference! IMAG0151.jpgIMAG0152.jpg71 deuce.jpg

ShawnIfert

I installed a exhaust and intake from a M35a3 on my M35A2 with a D Engine. It was easy. I took some cutting and welding and some off the shelf adaptors. Everything from the A3 lined up. I wanted image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg y A2 to be very quiet. This mod surpassed my expectations.

TsgtB

Can you ever hear the D turbo with a muffler?
These older post are saying the Walker model numbers have changed, what is the current model number ?(please).
I have what looks like 10 ton (?) bridge truck mirrors, no forward mount, not real stable, but WIDE.. hopefully I can fit a muffler....

welldigger

Can you ever hear the D turbo with a muffler?
These older post are saying the Walker model numbers have changed, what is the current model number ?(please).
I have what looks like 10 ton (?) bridge truck mirrors, no forward mount, not real stable, but WIDE.. hopefully I can fit a muffler....
I can hear my d whistle with an aero turbine 3535.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks