• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dallas Arms Collector Assn MV show June 9/10

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Dallas Arms Collector Association is having their Gun/Knife/Militaria show and decided to have their first ever MV show at Market Hall (indoors) at 2200 Stemmons Fwy.

http://www.dallasarms.com/dallasarms/assets/File/DACAJune12ShowFlyer.pdf

That's their flyer.

IF you are interested in showing your MV, you can either do so via the MVCC OR contact the show coordinator for the MV side of things. His name is Jim Evans.

The show is June 9/10

setup will be Friday and all vehicles will be inspected by the Fire Marshall for no more that 1/4 tank of fuel. I hope he realizes that most of our vehicles are diesel. BUT the WWII stuff is gas as are early foreign MV's, so it makes sense.

I have the rest of the 'rules' for this show, so if you are interested drop me an email and I'll forward it to you.

Blueduce

Looks like this would be a good time. Guys can pick up gun and MV supplies in one location! Has anyone paired these two events together before/successfully?
Not to my knowledge. I'm retired Army plus a USMC brat. I've been to gun/knife shows all over. This is the first time I've seen it. I sure am glad to see that someone finally had the "Monkey touch the Monolith" moment and made this happen. An MV display at a gun/knife show should be as obvious as "peas and carrots"

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we did our set up today.

My M1028A2, M1009 & MEP003a on trailer.

Blueduce's deuce.

Other vehicles are two WWII jeeps (GPW & M38 I think) and a mutt, plus another deuce.

it should be a great gun show - they are expecting 15k people over two days, maybe more...

If you have the time, drop by and say HOWDY!

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, I'd like to thank Blueduce who won THIRD place in the MV show. He beat out a USMC deuce! WAY TO GO GLENN. It's the SECOND win for his deuce.

Here are the pix he took

View attachment 337550
Glenn won THIRD PLACE!

The rest of the vehicles here are not members of the MVCC (we are hoping they will consider it)

View attachment 337551

View attachment 337552

View attachment 337553

View attachment 337557

View attachment 337558

View attachment 337559

View attachment 337560

we got to hang out with a bunch of great folks - INSIDE with air conditioning - always a good thing in the heat of a Texas summer's day...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DACA said they plan on doing it again next year. It was a great show. TONS of guns and knifes.

We had a great time for sure and I was kind of surprised at how much interest there was in my MEP-003a generator on the trailer.

Plus we got several other shows that we have been asked to attend. I'm working out those details over the next couple of days.

Once I do get them all sorted out, I'll post it in this forum.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blueduce,
Sorry about that, we must have posted the pix at the same time. YOUR PIX are way better than the ones I took.

And again, congrats on winning third place. That's two wins in three events.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, another member who was there on Sunday afternoon shot some pix and just sent them to me. He took these with his phone. I'm constantly amazed at the quality of pictures you can get these days with your phone.

View attachment 337652

the row of MV's

View attachment 337653

M1028A2 w/MEP003 on trailer M1009 and deuce in background

View attachment 337654

I like this shot because it shows that the ferret got first prize ribbon

Note: I did learn one thing about a ferret - WHERE the fuel tank is

View attachment 337655

USMC deuce

View attachment 337656

Mutt

View attachment 337657

GPW

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks