• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 60 axle off center?

squaretaper

I had the oddest realization after mounting new tires on the ambulance today (swapped the beat 265/75s HTs for some nice skinny 235/85 Cooper A/T3s)... the front axle seems to be off center in regards to the frame. It's pretty noticeable looking at how each wheels sits in the well, but wondering if the body was just off on the frame I measured the wheels to frame rails. The PS caliper is about 7/8" farther from the PS frame rail than the DS caliper is from its respective frame rail. I did some googling and this sort of problem seems liminted to non-solid axle trucks with trackbars- I inspected the u bolts and and springs and am pretty confused as to how this is even possible with a solid axle given that the PS u bolt placement is set via the attachment point on the t case.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks in advance to all the CUCV wizards on this board.

Westech

CPL
Sounds like spring and hanger bushings have worn out. Maybe....
You really should measure from caliper to spring pad not the frame.
Another thing could be different offset of the rims. Maybe one got swapped

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks