• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 60 front brakes

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have my king pin replacement almost completed. I thought I would change the brakes while I'm there.

When I pulled off the inside pad, a clip flew out.

I think that was the anti rattle clip but I don't know where it goes. Does it go on the bottom? Does it go on the pad itself or does it wedge in somewhere?

cucvrus

It clips on the bottom of the inner brake pad. They are available new for a few cents. Make sure to polish the slides on the knuckle and the caliper and lube them well. Many front pads are stuck slightly on and wear out and create the wobble often seen in the front end. Not 100% but that is a contributor to the wobble issue. I have cured more than 1 by changing brake pads and calipers with clean lubed sliding surfaces. Be Safe. Good Luck.

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. When in doubt, look at the other side. :)

Now, that slide is not wanting to go back on. The caliper is in place but is just doesn't want to go. I needed a few minutes to let it cool off. Probably try again tomorrow.

Was excited how easy the Dana 60 is to work on. But the brakes....

cucvrus

Clean the slide surfaces on the knuckle hub really well and lightly lube them. I prefer a new slide and lock bolt if the slide is rusty. But with a small prybar I can seat the caliper in the upper groove and ease the slide lock in place. I hope that helps. I can do it blind folded but writing it down is more of a challenge. Good Luck.

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clean the slide surfaces on the knuckle hub really well and lightly lube them. I prefer a new slide and lock bolt if the slide is rusty. But with a small prybar I can seat the caliper in the upper groove and ease the slide lock in place. I hope that helps. I can do it blind folded but writing it down is more of a challenge. Good Luck.
I had everything lubed and it just wasn't close. I then tried it from the front and it just slid right in....

On to the passenger side!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks