• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 60 Spline Count?

prairie

What is the spline count on a M1008 Dana 60, 30 or 35?
Need to order a Detroit Locker.
Anybody know the Detroit part/model number I need?
And yes, I have searched with no luck. I search other forums with no problems, but seldom am ever able to find anything searching this forum. I'm not the only one, my son and my mechanic say the same thing.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using your thread title without the question mark in the search box at the top of the page brought these 2 threads up 3rd and 4th in line , the first 2 were answers to this thread . Both answer your question .
m1008 dana 60 question

M1008 front differential!

Sometimes you just have to read a few posts to get the answer.

Also look at the similar posts at the bottom of the page . This thread is from the bottom of this page
[h=1]DANA 60 spline count.[/h]
Hopefully this will help your searching.

Last edited:

sweetk30

60 front hold up just fine for the off road guys with lunch box lockers . like a lockright / Spartan / others .

replaces just the spider gears .

my buddy blew up his 1 stub shaft and locking hub with just 38" swampers . the lockright still going just fine . and he has a built 400 sbc and nv4500 trans .

prairie

Shopped around a bit and got a Detroit Locker ordered. Is for a set of M1008 axles we are putting under a civilian K30 project.
My shop mechanic and my 17 year old son will do the install. They completely tore down and rebuilt the rear 14FF, and then had another mechanic check out the gear set up, which was right on. They plan to have him recheck the Dana 60 gear set up after they completely rebuild it and install the locker.
I am fortunate to have a part time, evenings and weekends, mechanic in my farm shop to teach my son the things I don't know much about.
He is a parts person at a local implement dealer, and formerly worked as an ATV mechanic for 5 years, and as a mechanic at a John Deere lawn/utility tractor dealership for a few years before that. He grew up on a farm working on tractors, trucks, pickups, farm equipment, etc.. Is a well rounded mechanic that can do almost anything we need done. Very lucky to have him
sweetk30, thanks for reminding me about the BillaVista Dana 60 tech stuff over on Pirate4x4, my son has that downloaded to his laptop and our shop computer. Guess I didn't even think about it.