• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 60

DerangedMadman

Does anyone have a Dana 60 they want to sell. I have spend a year trying to get rid of a death wobble in mine and I am giving up on it. Please PM me if you do.

Thanks,

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably should delete this post and place a "Wanted" ad in the classifieds before you get shot by the Moderator.

86m1028

Does anyone have a Dana 60 they want to sell. I have spend a year trying to get rid of a death wobble in mine and I am giving up on it. Please PM me if you do.

Thanks,
Cheaper to fix.

Rebuild knuckles & check for any wear in steering (including box)
Check & repack wheel bearings.

Last edited:

KsM715

1. he can't place a WTB ad because of his post count.

2. Yes, its going to be cheaper to rebuild the one he has than to buy another one that may or may not have the same problem.

DerangedMadman

I have sunk way too much money into this axle fixing everything that everyone has told me to fix and there has been no difference in the wobble. New wheel bearings, new king pin kits top and bottom, new shocks, new springs, new shackles, new tie rod ends and crosslink, new rotors. I am sick of it. This has been going on for a year. I want this ready for winter.

ODdave if you have one to sell please let me know.

DerangedMadman

Already tried 2 different sets of tires and had both of them computer balanced. Also had all 7 universals replaced and the driveshafts balanced.

Like I said, this has been going on for a year and the only thing I have not changed are the spindles and the axles themselves. I am done with it. Ready to buy a complete one and move on.

86m1028

Already tried 2 different sets of tires and had both of them computer balanced. Also had all 7 universals replaced and the driveshafts balanced.

Like I said, this has been going on for a year and the only thing I have not changed are the spindles and the axles themselves. I am done with it. Ready to buy a complete one and move on.

Check all 4 frt spring bushings & also both frame bushings (shackle mounts).

How about listing what all you have done to try to fix this issue ?

DerangedMadman

I have in multiple posts on here. I am done trying to fix this axle. Seems like I have been sinking money in a dead horse. Yes I put brand new factory leaf springs with brand new shackles and new bushings all the way around.

DerangedMadman

But just for giggles, one more time.

New universals all 7
New leaf springs
New shackles and bushings
New bilstein shocks
New steering damper
new tie rods and crosslink
new wheel bearings and rotors
New king pins top and bottom bearings
Two different sets of tires both Computer balanced
Taken in to Beeline in Columbus (well known alignment shop)
Taken it to Jones truck and spring (specializes in large trucks and springs)
Taken it to Nelson Frame and Axle

Nelson Frame and Axle told me with everthing I have done it most likely is a bent axle or spindle but they didnt know for sure

I have no faith that I will ever get this axle fixed and just want a new one for peice of mind. Most of the stuff I have done I can still use on the new axle.

I just need someone to sell me one.

DerangedMadman

Buzzen, I do not know much about doing the degree shims but from the research I found to change the caster angle I would have to take it to a shop and the have to do something crazy. I cant remember exactly what it was but it was something like drilling the axle where the kingpin screws in and putting some sort of adjustable one in it. Like I said, I dont know.

buzzinhalfdozzen

You just buy a generic shim anywhere from 2-5 degrees and stick them between the axle housing and the leaf spring. They look like a door wedge. This will rotate your pinion down and help you out. It's cheap and all you have to do is loosen your U-bolts, slid in shims, tighten U-bolts.

Does your truck have lock-in hubs? If it was a bent axle it would only do it when you're in 4wd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks