• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dang Tired

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the 11.00R20's installed.
Those XL's weigh ALOT! Way heavier than the 9.00-20 NDT's.

Holy cow what a project getting some of the old NDT's off,
newer ones popped right off, had 4 of them that took forever to break the bead, and those tires did not come off un damaged either.

Needed to get this lil project out of the way before I bring home the 2 I just bought at Grayling.
Took all day, but I think I like the end result.

Attachments

coyotegray

Finally got the 11.00R20's installed.
Those XL's weigh ALOT! Way heavier than the 9.00-20 NDT's.

Holy cow what a project getting some of the old NDT's off,
newer ones popped right off, had 4 of them that took forever to break the bead, and those tires did not come off un damaged either.

Needed to get this lil project out of the way before I bring home the 2 I just bought at Grayling.
Took all day, but I think I like the end result.
Where did you get you tires? New..?

Andy..

1stDeuce

That does look nice!! I just spend several hours this weekend dismounting some REALLY old 11.00 NTCC's from 135 wheels that I'm using to single out my deuce... We used a bulldozer blade to break the bead, with only eventual success, and a lot of muscle to reposition the tire to work around it. I'll attach pics tonight... Did five in about four hours. I had already done two with a Hi-Lift jack and the front of my truck... Took about as long. What a huge PITA!!! I can't imagine doing all 11 of them... You da man!!

Any source for tubes at a good price?? I'm mounting up some new 11.00 NDT's that I got for a good price... XL's sure would have been nice, but I think for my use, the NDT' s will be fine.
C

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
coyotegray - New - yes, easy to find - no.

drgreg - most notable difference is in the brake feel, as with anytime you go to a larger tire it takes more brake pedal to stop it, the 1.5 to 2 inch height increase is most noticable when climbing down off the truck. Drives smoother with the radials.

DaveP & others - Thanks :-D

Armada - both trucks I got are runners, so I probably won't bring the deuce on the recovery, no tow bar anyway. Will likely have it in Grayling on the 25th for the MMMT fundraiser.

1stDeuce - I found my best deal on tubes @ mgrassroots.com. Good Price, fast courteous service, prompt economical delivery.

I'm still sore today, need to find a good bead breaker for these things..........

1stDeuce

Thanks for the info Bob!! Here's a few pics of using the dozer to break down the beads. This wheel took the longest by far... Had a civi tire rusted on it pretty good... My friend with the dozer said "The problem with heavy equipment is that once you get one thing, you find out you need more for support." I thought it funny that the same seems to be true of green stuff, though some if it also qualifies as heavy equipment!!
C

Attachments