• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DANGER towing 2 105s in-line DANGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M/V Recovery police

I realize you told us it was dangerous after the fact. What gave you the idea that it would be safe to do before you started? Perhaps, the fact that the trailer DID NOT have a pintle hitch in the rear should have told you the trailer was not intended to be towed in tandem. Perhaps, the fact that you had to strap the trailers together should have told you to pull over and get the trailers hauled home. Instead, you risked the lives of those around you. You said you were legal. Did you have tags on the trailers? What kind of truck were you towing with? Did you have brakes? No tags and no brakes make your trip very unsafe.

Jeez dad, aren't you being a little hard on him?????

I'm pretty sure that in the 800 miles he drove, he passed at least one LEO. I'm also pretty sure that if those same LEO's felt he was endangering himself or others, there would have been a stopping involved. He also added it was DANGEROUS!!!! in the title of his post!

What gives you the right to jump his case? I too drive the roads, but guess what. I expect every one around me to be unsafe. I will **NEVER** entrust my safety to those around me. It's called defensive driving. I'm pretty sure it's been around.

Besides, the man posted what possibley could become a great discussion of safety.

You are not the recovery police. Each individual who recovers their vehicle generally has a comfort zone. Did he exceed his? It doesn't sound like it. Did he exceed yours? Obviously. The point is:
THEY ARE HIS VEHICLES AND HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO WITH THEM WHAT HE WILL.

Does thast mean what he does is right? No.
Does that mean what he does is safe? No.
Does that mean he did what he felt was the best option at the time? Yes.
Does that mean he has to answer to YOU for any of his actions? No, no and again no!

If I decided to go out one day and crash my deuce through my house, just to see if it would do it, guess what, it's my right to do it. I don't have to answer to anyone on this site because I want to do it.

All to often on here, a member may do something that is (and I mean this in the best possible way), stupid. Some members jump down their throat on an open forum. Sounds to me like a **heads up** message and a PM would be a better way to handle it.....

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A wonderful display of the American attitude that masquerades as "liberty", ignoring the fact that with liberty comes responsibility.

I've got news for you. Owning something does not give you the right to endanger the lives of others by using it irresponsibly. I own my guns and bullets. Does that mean I should be able to shoot them off into the air in a city anytime I want? I mean, yeah, the bullets come down, but hey, you should be walking defensively and watching out for my flying bullets, right?:roll:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a nice long response to you, but I refuse to lowering myself to agruing on the open board. If you feel the need to discuss the obvious difference of opinion we have, feel free to PM me.

tm america

actually i believe you need a cdl to haul combo no matter the distance .its scary an not very safe why not put one in the back of the truck and tow the other .the time and money you spent puttting the pintle on the trailer you could of had a tow truck put the one in the bed

mangus580

Guys cut the bickering.

Yes, he did something dangerous... Yes I am glad it wasnt anywhere near me & my family.

Things could have gone bad really fast.

HE ADMITS THAT.

For the guys jumping down Bruces throat... why dont YOU go try and tow a pair of M105's like this for a short bit before you say anything.

Thank you Wehring for making note to warn others.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.