• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danl new member needs help

Danl

Hey guys a new Member Name Jdmep from newyork won a Nice M915A1 in indania he will have to clear EUC but He will be needig help with Recovery, Heres a chance to drive a m915A1 Im sure you guys can help suddal it up I wish I lived along the path what a truck ,

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My guess is that he will spend more getting it to New York than he paid for it.

The options are:

Hire someone with a CDL to bobtail it to NY. Count on a high fuel bill and a few hundred bucks for the driver.

Have it shipped on a stepdeck with another vehicle to keep the cost down......using a truck brokerage is the way to go for this option. Still not cheap.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question is if the truck is roadworthy. It will need a good inspection at the very least.

Also, your post is really hard to read.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what the transportation needs forum is for.

Is there a reason the new member does not post his own thread?

Danl

Danl M915A1

no He will I have been chatting with him I'm not sure why he Seems Shy about Posting . He might be a younger guy and is intimerdateds by you old farts. :) He''ll be around tonight and he'll take care of it, now the last message he was going to look into giveing it a train ride

Danl

Sorry About hard to read I will slow down and starting my cheat sheet for spelling,, I went in the navy at age 17, I wrote my farthers name on the form that they wanted and off to boot camp I went, no time for school, got to many thing to do

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no He will I have been chatting with him I'm not sure why he Seems Shy about Posting . He might be a younger guy and is intimerdateds by you old farts. :) He''ll be around tonight and he'll take care of it, now the last message he was going to look into giveing it a train ride
A Train ride will not work, most RRs will NOT do a private load, if they will, the cost is beyond what the mind can comprehend .

No matter what he does, it will cost a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$

If the truck is driveable, I'll drive it, It has been a while since my last driving gig, wife sure would be HAPPY to have me out of the house for a bit.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why can't he drive it himself?

I would help if I could and hope somebody helps him out but people really need to think about how they are going to get a truck home before they bid.

As Ron said, rail won't work. Even if you could talk them into hauling it for a reasonable fee, You'd still have to have somebody transport it to the rail yard. Then add the fact that a lot of rail freight is vandalized or stolen.

jdmep

seems strange so many people buy these trucks and dont have a plan to get them home.i hope it works out for them .
I have a plan already, my brother-in-law lives 1 hour from indianapolis. His neighbor has a truck and trailer and will bring it to his house when my EUC clears....when i get time, go to indiana, i will make sure truck can drive home and spend the 800 in fuel,
?50/50 chance it makes it? if it does not then i am stuck paying a tow bill....

Plan B - hire an equipement mover 3000 - 3500 i have been qouted so far....chance of breaking down??? slim to none.

Plan C - there is a railyard 4 miles from current GL location - Union Stockyards 1598 Dover St Indianapolis IN 46241 - Hire CSX to transport tractor to NY, cost unknown at this time? i have put in a request with CSX for a qoute and will post results - chance of breaking down? - slim to none.

Your right, I dont have a definate plan at the moment. I have options, and while i wait for EUC i can mull over my options.

Thanks DanL and everyone else for the help and advice so far....

Danl

Danl M915A

You are wellcome im told from some one this is the worng place to post this and maybe it is But these five ton guys are good and you will fit in jest fine Keep us posted on your rig .

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a plan already, my brother-in-law lives 1 hour from indianapolis. His neighbor has a truck and trailer and will bring it to his house when my EUC clears....when i get time, go to indiana, i will make sure truck can drive home and spend the 800 in fuel,
?50/50 chance it makes it? if it does not then i am stuck paying a tow bill....

Plan B - hire an equipement mover 3000 - 3500 i have been qouted so far....chance of breaking down??? slim to none.

Plan C - there is a railyard 4 miles from current GL location - Union Stockyards 1598 Dover St Indianapolis IN 46241 - Hire CSX to transport tractor to NY, cost unknown at this time? i have put in a request with CSX for a qoute and will post results - chance of breaking down? - slim to none.

Your right, I dont have a definate plan at the moment. I have options, and while i wait for EUC i can mull over my options.

Thanks DanL and everyone else for the help and advice so far....
If by any slim chance you can find a way to ship by train , it will probably take months to get it to you . And while it sits in a train yard who knows where it will probably be stripped by the time you receive it.

lost in the bush

Check out shippers.. such as on Uship... One of my business partners is in Indy... has storage area and can pick up and store for you most likely for the cost of fuel to drive 15 miles from Holt Road to his location. Also has access to Semi-Truck mechanics.:grd:

lost in the bush

Have you gotten it worked out yet.

Is truck in Indianapolis or crane. If Indy we can pick up and store for you in secured area until time ends. Let us know , my partner said he will send a trusted employee to drive the 18 miles or will pick up with trailer if run ability is an issue.

jdmep

Have you gotten it worked out yet.

Is truck in Indianapolis or crane. If Indy we can pick up and store for you in secured area until time ends. Let us know , my partner said he will send a trusted employee to drive the 18 miles or will pick up with trailer if run ability is an issue.
the truck is still in indiana...
I am still waiting for my EUC to clear.
Then a friend and i were planning on driving out with my pickup, and driving it back...

Can you p.m. me your name and number, in case we do need to go somewhere nearby to work on it?

trukhead

Sorry, i meant indianaopilis

Good to hear things are coming together. Since I like to hear myself think-talk-type, here's my2cents.
Have above mentioned persons take it the local distance to the mechanics and have it PMed and gone through with a fine toothed comb.
Do you have a CDL?-Drive it home-take a chance.
Hire a tractor-trailer rig on a back haul and haul it back to your residence.
If you break down on the highway, you can sink the cost of what you have in the truck getting it home.
Once your EUC clears and your truck is in storage you may find a backhaul through a broker for less than direct quotes.
It seems there is a lot of help offered right in this thread and you will:grd:

:doghead:

indy4x4fab

Banned
If you need anther set of hands I can also store it and am 15 from stout field my self, If you bought the non running m915a1 they had up for there at stout I can tow it for you as well as lend a hand to lost in the bush, if it is to be moved the air brakes will need to be chambered or released via adding air the air tanks to release the parking brake side of the chamber, the m915 is a full on air brake truck like the m923s that bush has not air over hydro-lick like the m35s and m809s. I have time in on both the m939s and m915s so if I can lend a hand in any way my numbers in my signature line.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks