• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dark Seas M1008 Project

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Photos of the case broken down and what I found on the magnet.

View attachment 921021
View attachment 921022
View attachment 921023

Photos after cleaning the case a couple days before (before teardown):

Before:
View attachment 921024
View attachment 921025

After:

View attachment 921027
View attachment 921026

And yes my fiancé convinced me we needed a new puppy. That's Willow. She likes to help. 4 month old dutch shepherd.

View attachment 921028
View attachment 921029
Wow. What a difference it made - cleaning up the TC.
Looks like Willow was worn out. From all that helping :)

The parts look pretty good. I would look closely at the chain - making sure it wasn't stretched with the washer flying around inside.

Last edited:

DarkSeas

Wow. What a difference it made - cleaning up the TC.
Looks like Willow was worn out. From all that helping :)

Yeah man I'm really happy I took the time to get it right, I'm super proud to share how the case turned out after like 4 hours of scrubbing with brillo pads and some dawn.

Willow is definitely my little helper out on the tailgate. Just gotta remind her sometimes that brake clean will never taste good, no matter how exciting the can hiss sounds are. At least she can't speak english so she can't learn to repeat what I say at the truck back to her mom! rofl:beer:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah man I'm really happy I took the time to get it right, I'm super proud to share how the case turned out after like 4 hours of scrubbing with brillo pads and some dawn.

Willow is definitely my little helper out on the tailgate. Just gotta remind her sometimes that brake clean will never taste good, no matter how exciting the can hiss sounds are. At least she can't speak english so she can't learn to repeat what I say at the truck back to her mom! rofl:beer:
ROFLPIMP.png

Yep. For Sure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks