• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Darnit...foiled agail!

cx65083

[h=5]So my brother gets his big semi truck stuck on the side yard and needs my help to get going.
Get dressed and smugly waltz out to my big Green 20,000 pound 6x6 truck.
Thinking how EASY this was going to be I turned the key....and nothing happens. Hmmmm? Not so easy I guess.
Waddle over to HIS little white 8,000 pound 4x4 pick truck (7.3L turbo diesel) and fire it up and drive around to where he's stuck. Hook up the strap and lock the hubs in four
[/h][h=5][/h][h=5] LOW. take up the slack and easy into the throttle until the truck just starts to hop a bit in the dirt and his big truck creeps right out of its hole.
****it. His pick up wins again.
Time to put a battery charger on big Green and go pout.
[/h][h=5]19271.jpg[/h]

wdbtchr

All you need is a couple of those little battery maintainers to solve the problem. My M51A2 is always hot and ready now when I need it to crank. Best money I ever spent. I put a recptical through the back of my tool shed to make it easy to plug in.

cx65083

I had just run her a few days ago and she fired up fine for me. Crashed through a few snow banks at the end of my street that the town keeps piling up that blocks the view of the cross road. Then made a path for my brothers truck to park on the side yard and parked her. but then it was 24 degrees out. Early this morning it was 2 out and my 2 lil automotive batts just didnt have enough UMPHH to crank her over that cold.
I put her on charge. That will warm up the batteries and help.... but I need to save up and get bigger truck batteries!

emr

Battery maintenance is a never ending saga that plaques us all, I am crazy about cleaning them , and rotating them once a year, and always having them on a 4 bank charger, I keep the permanent connectors hanging on each batt, so when i lift the seat ( M925 ) I have each batt always individually fully charged, i keep an on board screwed to the back wall permanently hook to the slave port thats a 24 volt maintainer, in case I get could away from home needing a charge, i just have to plug her in, But the individual is the way to go, well today i jumped in just like you all excited to fire her up...duh,,, no go, oh well, sometimes it just hits the fan, I know how you feel,, :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks