• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Daryl’s Deuce Resto

Darylfraser

Of course, to be military accurate, you would need to remove those blankets from the wheels to get original-looking paint overspray on the tires and also maybe throw a hand or two of sand into the wet paint! ;-)
Yeah, I keep forgetting it should be a pretty crappy paint job! I draw the line at reducing the paint with gasoline though!

Darylfraser

Looks great. I'm considering a paint job on mine and was wondering where you got the paint at? Online or at a local place? Not trying to be nosy just hunting a good place to get it at. Thanks.
I bought Gillespie from Rapco, 2 gallons of red oxide primer and 4 gallons of 24087. Reduced 4:1 with Sunnyside lacquer thinner and some Majic hardener from Tractor Supply. The paint is pretty affordable and shoots really easy. The hardener gives it a little more shine than it is supposed to but the lacquer thinner tempers that some and flashes it quickly. I could have done all three coats in the same day if I hadn’t run out of time.

5 Ton John

I bought Gillespie from Rapco, 2 gallons of red oxide primer and 4 gallons of 24087. Reduced 4:1 with Sunnyside lacquer thinner and some Majic hardener from Tractor Supply. The paint is pretty affordable and shoots really easy. The hardener gives it a little more shine than it is supposed to but the lacquer thinner tempers that some and flashes it quickly. I could have done all three coats in the same day if I hadn’t run out of time.
Thanks for the info. If mine looks half as good as yours when I'm done I'll be happy with it. Yours could be on display somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks