• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash cluster drive lights.. need help

w5ood

So the drive lights on the dash are not working. Everything else works fine in the dash cluster. All turn signals work, gen1 gen 2, high beam, 4x4 all lights turn on as they should except the drive lights that light up the speedometer and the fuel gauge and the voltmeter light. If I pull the cluster and apply 12v to the circuit they all work perfectly, except the voltmeter light since its not part of the dash cluster. So I am pretty sure its in the wire harness. PINS 2 and 11 on the plug that go into the dash are what connect to the drive light circuit. When I turn on the lights I would expect to get 12v at one of those pins, Is that the right way to trouble shoot the wire harness pins? Im a bit lost now that it seems to be an issue in the harness. Any advice would help just trying to figure out where to go next. thanks!

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the drive lights on the dash are not working. Everything else works fine in the dash cluster. All turn signals work, gen1 gen 2, high beam, 4x4 all lights turn on as they should except the drive lights that light up the speedometer and the fuel gauge and the voltmeter light. If I pull the cluster and apply 12v to the circuit they all work perfectly, except the voltmeter light since its not part of the dash cluster. So I am pretty sure its in the wire harness. PINS 2 and 11 on the plug that go into the dash are what connect to the drive light circuit. When I turn on the lights I would expect to get 12v at one of those pins, Is that the right way to trouble shoot the wire harness pins? Im a bit lost now that it seems to be an issue in the harness. Any advice would help just trying to figure out where to go next. thanks!
Have you tried to turn the headlight switch that you pull out to turn on the lights? Clockwise should make them bright and counter should make them dim.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I did and it works fine for the light under the dash. It turns it on and dims it as well.
[/QUOT
Headlights are turning on and you can dim the foot well light with the headlight switch and the speedo cluster doesn't light up...I think the power goes through the toggle switch that you flip up to turn on the headlights....next to the pull out switch...see if the power is coning out of that to the cluster...if you are not getting power to the back of the cluster, like I think you are not since you have said there should be 12 volts there...then go back towards the switch and find where the power stops...I assume you checked the fuse??

w5ood

Yes I get 12v on one pin and 24v on another pin but neither of those pins are #2 or #11. So I was not sure that its supposed to get power. I cant see how it would work without getting power to one of those pin locations. Im digging through the schematic trying to follow the lines and see if anything else is in the circuit. From the TM 34 it looks like one side goes into the hazard switch and the other side goes through the bulbs that show GP heat up which makes me think I need to start there. Since we dont use that light and have a manual button. Maybe its bad and not allowing a good ground? I dont know I will need to trace colors with TM open next to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks