• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Data Plate for Bobbed M35A2

mikew

Howdy All,

I ran across, here on the site, info about the XM381. If you don't know, that's the "bobbed" deuce that the military experimented with in the '50s but never produced.

Using the XM381 info and my own truck, I made a bobbed deuce data plate.

Since mine isn't experimental, I dropped the "X" and I've started with a M35A2, so added an "A2".

The axle weights are estimates, but should be pretty close. The cross-country payload is from the XM381, the highway payload is a wild guess.

Anywho, attached is the templet, suitable for printing!

I've made a few test ones using "inkjet water-slide decals". These decals are what you used on plastic models when you were a kid, put them in water, slide them onto the model.... water-slide! With the inkjet water-slide decal paper you print on the decal with your printer, seal the paper and then slide it onto a blank data plate (I just used the backside of a spare one). Do a google search for "inkjet waterslide decal" to find a supplier on the internet.

Have fun!

Mike Waldron

Attachments

Wild Horse Hans

To really do it right you need an Alps printer. They are no longer made, but they do the best job for waterslides. The ink is waterproof and can be done in multiple layers. It also prints white and silver foil.
I used to make decals for the scale radio control plane crowd and had several Alps printers.
Look up Tango Papa decals, he can make that up very easily on an Alps printer. Also make up others so that it will fill a sheet 8.5X11 as that is the paper size. The best format is Corel Draw.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Impressive. I heartily approve.

miltruckman

Mike, Did you ever find anyone to make up your data plate? I am also interested in having one made. maybe Rod shaver?

Maybe with a few of the weight numbers changed around though to reflect my truck.

Bill
Michigan

cruzinz28

We have signs made of similiar material made regularly here at my work for the fire protection industry. I am going to contact the company we use to make our signs and see if this is something they could tackle.

DKELONE

I will be set up to do professional plate stamping in a couple of weeks. 2 machines to do most all sizes. I will also have ordnance stamping capability. When set up I will post a notice here.

mikew

I had never intended to produce these, I just made it for myself. Anybody who wants to make some is free to use my "template". If you decide to make a bunch for sale, I wouldn't mind having you send me a "free sample"!

I printed mine on "inkjet clear waterslide decal paper" and put the decal on an aluminum plate.

This is the decal paper I used:
Clear Inkjet Water Slide Decal Paper

They also have self-adhesive white vinyl for inkjet printers that's good for up to three years outside:
Waterproof Inkjet Winyl Self-Adhesive Media

I like the vinyl's durability.

Here are a few more stickers I've made. I should disclose that I "borrowed" the "Push to Test" design from a picture I saw of another truck, and it might have even been on this site....

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

DKELONE

Gohot, i stamp plates using numberall indexing stamping presses(used by uncle sam). Thanks, david

david p. Kelone
mvdataplates.com
6401 north sheridan road
peoria, il 61614
dkelone@aol.com
309-696-7080​

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks