• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash from M151, Compatible?

Somemedic

Was looking at the pics of dashes on GL and wondered if the insturment cluster from and M1 51 will drop in or are they too small. Im assuming all the guages would bolt in as well.

I searched but didnt see the info I was looking for

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps you can graft it in with some creative sheet metal modifications, but you will be missing some gauges that are important to the deuce's operation. The question that begs to be answered is , "why?"

Somemedic

I have a source for m151 dasheswith full guages for 100.00. I had seen M35 dashes for 400.00. Noticed certain dueces in certain auctions are minus the insturment cluster and , for a savings of 300.00, figured I would ask. I forgot about the air guage not being on the mutt cluster.

Could use the guages and drop them into a piece of sheet that was cut to fit, if one had to allowing they still purchased an air guage and attached it... although Im not sure the oil pressure would swap. Tryin to get some ducks in a row before I commit.

nattieleather

The guages are the same from one MV basically to another. So you could use the speedo, the temp, oil, fuel and battery guages and could take them off the 151 pannel and put them on a M35 pannel, but the pannels wont interchange.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on ebay for MUTT clusters for 40 or under. M35 clusters for 400$-anyone who would pay that is nuts. NOS ones aren't even that. :roll: