• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash/Guage qustion

paulfarber

I have a 66 M35 waiting for me with less than 100 hours and 35k miles, but I just noticed that it's missing a gauge. The one in the bottom right corner.

Depending on where I look (TM, picture of other M35s), its either a ammeter (battery charge) or air pressure gauge.

Anyway to know for sure so I can preorder the part?

If its an air pressure gauge I can just cap it, the low air pressure horn does not come off the gauge, correct?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plug the airline if it's air. All the rest are electric and you can live without them.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wondered how long it would take for someone to read that and be able to divide...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn Surplus is about 40 miles Southwest of you.

Unforgiven

They reset the "hours" gauge every time the engine is swapped or rebuilt. But the "miles" is not reset to facilitate maintenance of the chassis.

paulfarber

Getting the gauge is no problem.. its just that the TM said its one thing, but other sources showed other gauges (for whatever reason).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, buy an air gauge. If you are wrong, oh well. Drive home without what ever else it is. The air is the only one that will stop you.

Most of mine are air in that position.

OldDominionIron2

Yup, that's the air pressure gauge, as to what's needed to cap it, someone more knowlagable will have to chime in here
On my 66 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2, the lower right gauge that you show missing is the ammeter. Air pressure is the middle lower gauge, the left lower gauge is oil pressure. The top row, from left to right, is fuel gauge, speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature.

Attachments

Seth_O

My '67 kaiser-jeep has the ammeter in that position. However, I believe the advice to get an air gauge and take it with you just in case is sound - makes for a good spare regardless.