• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Harness

tilvalhalla

So, I think I messed up somewhere. I purchased a dash harness/interior harness that is in GREAT shape.

Once I finished putting it back together my CUCV won’t start. It will fire up on ether for a split second then die.

It almost seems like I’m not getting fuel. Is there anything that leads to the IP, fuel pump, etc with this harness?

Is there a video that details everywhere this goes.
(Sorry I’m new and could find where this has been asked)

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to start checking things,
Is fuel getting to the ip.
Is the fuel shut getting power.
Does the glow plug solenoid in gauge and deliver power (12v)
to glow plugs. Starting fluid is not a good thing, you have confirmed it that it fires so start with other checking.
I myself after just getting my truck are finding out that these trucks can sometimes be a little difficult, at least for me.
Good luck on the run down.
Be safe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

joshuak

So, I think I messed up somewhere. I purchased a dash harness/interior harness that is in GREAT shape.

Once I finished putting it back together my CUCV won’t start. It will fire up on ether for a split second then die.

It almost seems like I’m not getting fuel. Is there anything that leads to the IP, fuel pump, etc with this harness?

Is there a video that details everywhere this goes.
(Sorry I’m new and could find where this has been asked)
No video that I know of, but there are wiring diagrams.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/cucv-wiring-diagram-color-except-m1010.75505/

as well as other Helpful Threads.

Just shooting in the dark but, did you clean up all the gunk GM used at the connection on the firewall? Packard connectors still straight?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No video that I know of, but there are wiring diagrams.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/cucv-wiring-diagram-color-except-m1010.75505/

as well as other Helpful Threads.

Just shooting in the dark but, did you clean up all the gunk GM used at the connection on the firewall? Packard connectors still straight?
I'm new to these trucks but I haven't seen any packard fittings on these CUCVs, M923 had loads of them but these trucks are pretty much all factory GM.

joshuak

...Just shooting in the dark but, did you clean up all the gunk GM used at the connection on the firewall? Packard connectors still straight?
I'm new to these trucks but I haven't seen any packard fittings on these CUCVs, M923 had loads of them but these trucks are pretty much all factory GM.

Yes on factory GM. I'm sorry I meant Packard terminal, not Packard connector. Packard terminal 56 in particular.

Used in multiple locations, one of them the bulkhead connector. If he had that apart to change the wiring harness, could be bent, dirty, etc. again shot in the dark. I've had to replace one.

s-l500.jpg

Will edit my post for proper info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks