• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Ignition Lock

JarheadMtn

I wanted to be able to lock my ignition and master switch. I took a 7" X 11" 1/8" plate and welded 3" sides to form a box. I backset the right side and bottom !/2" so there was a lip on the top and left side for the box to rest on the dash. I bent a piece of flat stock to form a hook that clips over the vent on the top of the dash. It took a couple of tries to get it right so it keeps the box on and does not allow it to be lifted off. I used a pin from a 3 point tractor to come in from behind the dash and goes thru the box and a padlock is then locked and hold the box tight against the dash. All of the pieces can be removed in less than a minute and makes the dash look completely stock. The inside of the box can also be used to lock up the registration and insurance.
I read a thread about the various battery power switches and figured that this would allow the battery cables to remain stock and prevent someone from being able to start my truck.

Attachments

Ma Duce

When I get my duece, I plan on installing a Cat master switch on it. All the cat tractors have one stashed away somewhere on the machine. some are by the batteries, some are under a little panel, some are in the engine compartment.

They all take the same key, but it gives you the ability to turn off all the power before the switches. That means that they become useless if the switch isn't turned on.

I think it will work well and be kinda neat.

JarheadMtn

It was pretty easy. About $10 for the metal and about an hour to weld and paint it up. I had the steering wheel chained, but I wanted to keep someone from being able to either start the engine or turn on the master and drain the batteries. Plus I have the only key. I have Cat keys and I know lots of others that have them. This way no one else can start my truck unless I give them a key.

Ma Duce

agreed on the common cat key. They just have to find the switch. So if they are not in the trades, and if they don't know about it, they likelyhood of them having one I think is pretty slim, but I still like your handy work.

nice job.